Racist incidents on the rise?

i get out and about quiet a lot thankyou very much i live in wigan and can honestly say i have never heard any body being racially abused myself,saying that i am not saying it does not happen, btw my name is laughing gravy!!

I know, you're saying that we should take media reports with a pinch of salt, implying that these incidents haven't happened.
And i'm sorry but i don't believe your claim that you've never heard racist abuse in Wigan.
Come out for a pint with me tomorrow affy and i guarantee you will hear racist abuse by the time you've drank your first pint. I live about 15 miles from Wigan.

I know, you're saying that we should take media reports with a pinch of salt, implying that these incidents haven't happened.
And i'm sorry but i don't believe your claim that you've never heard racist abuse in Wigan.
Come out for a pint with me tomorrow affy and i guarantee you will hear racist abuse by the time you've drank your first pint. I live about 15 miles from Wigan.

You need to hang out in nicer places then

Not according to the National Police Chief's Council who say that there's been a 57% increase in incidents of hate crime since the Brexit vote.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...sm-reports-eu-referendum-latest-a7106116.html
That was a national figure. The actual number of reported incidents in the reporting period increased to over 100 which means the number previously was around 70. The increase is therefore 30 to 50 incidents. There are 45 police forces in the UK so it's an average increase of 1 per police force which is not really measurable hence the GMP statement.

Edit: Having now looked at your link, the increase was 31 incidents which is less than one per police force.

That was a national figure. The actual number of reported incidents in the reporting period increased to over 100 which means the number previously was around 70. The increase is therefore 30 to 50 incidents. There are 45 police forces in the UK so it's an average increase of 1 per police force which is not really measurable hence the GMP statement.

Edit: Having now looked at your link, the increase was 31 incidents which is less than one per police force.

I think one of the perils of social media and everyone having camera phones are instances like this.

Common sense would suggest that this result would probably empower people with racist views to feel they are more acceptable to air publicly, not make people more racist. I think most of us are fully aware that there are a lot of people with pretty bigoted views out there, but the important thing is that they don't become acceptable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.