radio 6, top drawer

Try having DAB in your car and living up here in Dumfries & Galloway.

More chance of a digital signal on fucking Mars!

The same in East Lothian. Still using Morse code out here. I’m hearing we might be reverting to messenger pidgeons. Can’t wait.

The same in East Lothian. Still using Morse code out here. I’m hearing we might be reverting to messenger pidgeons. Can’t wait.

Scotland is literally forgotten when it comes to digital signal, 4G and even a basic 2G signal.

The A75 has so many blackspots with no signal and its a mostly single carriageway major trunk route with huge amounts of HGV traffic on there way to and from NI and its an accident hotspot all the way and often they happen, along with breakdowns and you cant even use your phone.

Its an utter disgrace.

Once you have had DAB in a car you'll never want standard radio again. I bought a banger and one of those DAB converter boxes to feed DAB through the low tech stereo. Not a perfect solution but I have the bonus that its also a Bluetooth phone device and I can stream from my phone through it too.
I am surprised how flaky it can be... I thought I would get rock solid coverage everywhere but it does drop out for me occasionally

I am surprised how flaky it can be... I thought I would get rock solid coverage everywhere but it does drop out for me occasionally

Yes its not great everywhere. From what I have been told its because its digital signal is a straight line thing so you either have a signal or you don't. Analogue is in waves - mw/lw etc so you can get a signal and the strength will depend upon where you are picking up on the wave so thats how you could get a strong or a weak signal in analogue - not sure how accurate a description I got nor indeed how accurate my recall is but kind of makes sense when mixed in with experiences with both.

Scotland is literally forgotten when it comes to digital signal, 4G and even a basic 2G signal.

The A75 has so many blackspots with no signal and its a mostly single carriageway major trunk route with huge amounts of HGV traffic on there way to and from NI and its an accident hotspot all the way and often they happen, along with breakdowns and you cant even use your phone.

Its an utter disgrace.

I think if we are waiting for Westminster to put up the cash to improve all those things, you and I might be very fucking old indeed. If Brexit is forced upon us then it might be our grandchildren on a site like this many years from now moaningbabout the same fucking thing.

I think if we are waiting for Westminster to put up the cash to improve all those things, you and I might be very fucking old indeed. If Brexit is forced upon us then it might be our grandchildren on a site like this many years from now moaningbabout the same fucking thing.

Sorry but i expect transport for Scotland to sort it out along with the various private telecoms companies.

Fuck all to do with Westminster or brexit im afraid mate this.

Sorry but i expect transport for Scotland to sort it out along with the various private telecoms companies.

Fuck all to do with Westminster or brexit im afraid mate this.

I agree it should be but a look at the money made available is totally insufficient to meet the need. Continuous cuts over the last few years have made it impossible to fund. You can’t take blood out of a stone. Or make money grow just by wanting it. No one in Government of any hue is happy that large swathes of the country need infrastructure investment. It dampens economic growth, investment and is a blight to all of us who live in rural areas.

I don’t for a minute think that, my own hope for Indeiendence will solve it overnight, but I believe it will be within our own hands to at least address it. We differ on that obviously but, that’s fine.

I agree it should be but a look at the money made available is totally insufficient to meet the need. Continuous cuts over the last few years have made it impossible to fund. You can’t take blood out of a stone. Or make money grow just by wanting it. No one in Government of any hue is happy that large swathes of the country need infrastructure investment. It dampens economic growth, investment and is a blight to all of us who live in rural areas.

I don’t for a minute think that, my own hope for Indeiendence will solve it overnight, but I believe it will be within our own hands to at least address it. We differ on that obviously but, that’s fine.

I pay Scottish rate income tax to the Scottish government and i expect my area to be looked after.

Cant advocate independence and then moan you dont get enough of a handout from down south mate.

Unfortunately like London they are too busy spending all the money in the central belt.

They all piss in the same pots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.