Rafael Leao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather go for a proven striker, as we only really have Aguero & Jesus. Also, bit of a kick in the teeth to our youth players if Nmecha helps England win the U19 Euros but gets replaced by someone who hasn't played a senior game.
His international record isn't amazing and how much of his game is based on his physicality? £22.5million is a gamble.

Could possibly get Werner for £50million, who has 31 in 48 in the Bundesliga and 7 in 10 for Germany, and he's only 21.

Would rather go for a proven striker, as we only really have Aguero & Jesus. Also, bit of a kick in the teeth to our youth players if Nmecha helps England win the U19 Euros but gets replaced by someone who hasn't played a senior game.
His international record isn't amazing and how much of his game is based on his physicality? £22.5million is a gamble.

Could possibly get Werner for £50million, who has 31 in 48 in the Bundesliga and 7 in 10 for Germany, and he's only 21.
If we were to go for a proven striker we would have 3 strikers for 1 position how does that help Nmecha ? From the little I know of him, hardly anything to be fair, at least Leao can play wide in a 3 as well.

Yea Werner is going to light up the World Cup for Germany and he plays for a club that doesn’t have to sell unless you’re paying crazy money so double that number.

If he's going to cost that much, it would most likely mean he is considered good enough to get in our squad & considered a genuine possibility to be playing.

Which, for a Pep Guardiola team, would mean he's pretty good, at 18.

I'm all for us signing young players who are considered to be genuine 'A' list prospects.

Provided we are not signing players who block the progress of our own kids, without being significantly better.

If he's going to cost that much, it would most likely mean he is considered good enough to get in our squad & considered a genuine possibility to be playing.

Which, for a Pep Guardiola team, would mean he's pretty good, at 18.

I'm all for us signing young players who are considered to be genuine 'A' list prospects.

Provided we are not signing players who block the progress of our own kids, without being significantly better.

Agree. 25m euros for 18 yr old boy? That would make him the first team.

If we were to go for a proven striker we would have 3 strikers for 1 position how does that help Nmecha ? From the little I know of him, hardly anything to be fair, at least Leao can play wide in a 3 as well.
When Mendy is back, we could play in a 2. Jesus has had 2 bad injuries, Aguero (before the last 2 seasons) was injury prone and we're going to be playing 50+ games a season. It doesn't 'help' Nmecha, but at least he knows if he's not playing, it's because we have proven quality. Spending £22.5mil on an 18 year old sends out the wrong message.

When Mendy is back, we could play in a 2. Jesus has had 2 bad injuries, Aguero (before the last 2 seasons) was injury prone and we're going to be playing 50+ games a season. It doesn't 'help' Nmecha, but at least he knows if he's not playing, it's because we have proven quality. Spending £22.5mil on an 18 year old sends out the wrong message.

Depends if he is ready to play in the first team & whether he is a lot better than Nmecha.

The thing for me & which is all important, is that Nmecha & indeed any of our academy players, get the opportunity their level deserves. I haven't seen him play for ages, & I had a lot of doubts about him having the right mentality for the job, but the way he took that pen, under pressure, suggests he has the nerve to score goals at senior level.

It should soon become possible for him & one or two others, to get more first team minutes. Then let's see what he has for Pep to work with.

If we were to sign this guy & either of them are to become truly good enough to play regularly for City, then one would have to be the main challenger to Jesus, when Aguero leaves. The other, if good enough, would then be the understudy to those two or play more than one position.

That spot is currently open for Nmecha or Thierry Ambrose.

The way the transfer market is going though & with UEFA's rumoured carve up, on the way, City will have no option but to sign players at a very young age.

Depends if he is ready to play in the first team & whether he is a lot better than Nmecha.

The thing for me & which is all important, is that Nmecha & indeed any of our academy players, get the opportunity their level deserves. I haven't seen him play for ages, & I had a lot of doubts about him having the right mentality for the job, but the way he took that pen, under pressure, suggests he has the nerve to score goals at senior level.

It should soon become possible for him & one or two others, to get more first team minutes. Then let's see what he has for Pep to work with.

If we were to sign this guy & either of them are to become truly good enough to play regularly for City, then one would have to be the main challenger to Jesus, when Aguero leaves. The other, if good enough, would then be the understudy to those two or play more than one position.

That spot is currently open for Nmecha or Thierry Ambrose.

The way the transfer market is going though & with UEFA's rumoured carve up, on the way, City will have no option but to sign players at a very young age.
Nemecha will never get any game time reason being he isnt good enough its harsh but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.