Rafeal

micahr said:
Don't agree at all he has potential. Bale went buy him like he was a cone. Poor positionally little end product, just another solid team member who keeps his head down and does whatever baconface tells him to. He'll be sold within 2 years.

you are kidding yourself if you think that for some so young in his position he his going to be a great little player in the future

20sbc07 said:
Just saw it on MOTD.

If De Jong had made the first tackle he would have been red carded, 10 match ban and a weeks roasting in the papers.

Sliding in, both feet in the air = red simple.

Exactly!

Right foot was studs up and at least a 18 inches off the ground. NDJ, Zaba, Cattermole, Henry, or any of the other supposed "bad boys" in the league would have seen a red for the FIRST challenge. The fact that he did not go off and had ANOTHER GO at the ref should get him at least an extra game. As for Rooney, it would have been priceless if he had RIGHTFULLY got his marching papers for the second tirade.

J-Bay Blue said:

Actually, I thought Dean was a disgrace until he gave Raphael the second yellow - incorrectly. (Assume because it was two yellows, it cannot be contested / appealed, unlike a straight red?)

In one fell swoop, he corrected the previous 70 minutes of Pro-rag decisions.

Vidic pulls Van Der Vaart's shirt in the box - no penalty or yellow card.
Evra kicks his boot up at head height - no foul, even.

The number of times MANUre players 'accidentally' take out a player and immediately stop the momentum of an attack is legion. If a tackle is not clean as a whistle there's always an added ten per cent that imbalances the player with the ball and allows time for re-organization. Must be coached! And Vidic's tug on VdV shirt? Micah tugs a shirt at Goodison and the hawkeye linesmen immediately flags. Officials operate so that at least one of them sees what's going on. Why do the Rags have officials who, on the day, seem optically challenged. When they come to CoMS they have 20-20 vision! And had NdJ tackled the way Evra did it would be plastered over this morning's papers and Sky would run it for the week with wall-to-wall WCCupFinal footage, AGAIN!

Probably get slated for this but, i'd say he is already one of the best right backs in the league.
He was easily on course for MOTM before he got sent off yesterday. He kept the very in-form Bale quiet and caused problems going forward.
He's quick, loves a good tackle and has a great control. He is easily wound up but he'll soon grow out of that and become a top class full-back.

Just because you are a blue doesnt mean you cant appreciate a Rag player. Rafael is a very good prospect and can easily become one of the top rightbacks in the world. Some people here want us to go for Dani Alves and such, but this is the type of talent we should be scouting for and not washed up mercenaries.

John Motson was a bellend on motd last night! "Mike Dean did well not to send Rafael off as it's such a high profiled game". Ermmm it doesn't matter what sort of game it is if it's a red carded challenge then it's a red card!

Sent off under "totting up" IMO.

2 footed challenge-gave yellow/could have given red
Later heavy challenge-may have brought yellow for first offence but ref declined to make it red card.
Card wave-ref ignored that but went into memory bank.
Clipping offence-get off son, you've had enough chances!

Good that Dean had the rocks to get rid in the end but would have gone sooner if not a Sky 4 player.

Dean also gave Spuds a lot of free kicks in dangerous positions but they came to nothing and the holding penalty was missed/ignored.

I'd rate Dean a B- for his performance.

Rafael looks a great player when he's not lost the plot but not up to defending elite, experienced opponents yet.
Also lacking in end product with those forward raids but we used to say that about Nani and Ladyboy.
I think Rafael really needs Camelgob and OPN to stick around for a few more years to mentor him so he can become a great or he could slip back into a player who had great potential but never fulfilled it.

Garden Of Edin said:
He's like a little Terrier, thinking he's a Pitbull.

The abuse he gave the ref after he was sent off, was truly disgraceful. First yellow was a red regardless.

I cringed for him when he squared up to Tevez too. The rags fucking loved it.
Tevez would wipe the floor with him, he's a little boy ffs.

Clearly being mentored by rat boy himself, I'm growing to hate the little ****.

The laughable thing is, both Neville and Raphael are/always have been desperate to be seen as footballing `hard men` when clearly they are anything but, very much like Ferdinand who`s desperate to be seen as `cool`, once you get past the sadness of it all, you can start to enjoy these classic comedy characters for exactly that.

Ps, he is a good little player though :-)

Mancini - ohhh said:
Just because you are a blue doesnt mean you cant appreciate a Rag player. Rafael is a very good prospect and can easily become one of the top rightbacks in the world. Some people here want us to go for Dani Alves and such, but this is the type of talent we should be scouting for and not washed up mercenaries.

I'd take Rafael tomorrow and think he's better than any of the right backs we have at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.