Rags kit deal

The Doctor

Have Rags unwittingly played an ace for City with this Kit deal with Adidas.
If previous record £31m for Real why the need to move it 2.5 times? Surely £35m to £40m would be realistic.
So we must now have serious grounds to challenge the UEFA fine for breaching FFP.
Thanks Rags you could have just payed a blinder for the Blues

The Doctor said:
If previous record £31m for Real why the need to move it 2.5 times? Surely £35m to £40m would be realistic.
So we must now have serious grounds to challenge the UEFA fine for breaching FFP.
We've already settled. Settlement agreement was signed off by City and UEFA months back

But it may help City in future commercial deals by establishing a benchmark.

The Doctor said:

are you mad? ffp was designed soley to attack us, the rags can do what the fuck they like.

de niro said:
The Doctor said:

are you mad? ffp was designed soley to attack us, the rags can do what the fuck they like.

Yes I must be stark raving! Thanks for pointing it out!

Rags will always be a money machine, thats what the Glazers want, whether they will be allowed to always spend the money like this summer is open to debate.

Marvin said:
But it may help City in future commercial deals by establishing a benchmark.

This is the most probable benefit for city, in my mind.

Rammyblues said:
Rags will always be a money machine, thats what the Glazers want, whether they will be allowed to always spend the money like this summer is open to debate.

Agree also. They are savvy investors the glazers, that's for sure

Agree with all the above, but it id really such an amazing deal...more than double the second most lucrative. Makes me wonder whether too good to be true...or heavily linked to performance?

Pingu the Penguin said:
Agree with all the above, but it id really such an amazing deal...more than double the second most lucrative. Makes me wonder whether too good to be true...or heavily linked to performance?

With Adidas being the same manufacturer that provides Real's kit – who by all accounts sell the same (if not more) shirts every year as the Rags – the fact that the Rags deal is more than twice theirs stinks to high heaven – surely if nothing else, UEFA should look into this as they did with our Etihad deal, which more and more looks like Etihad got the deal of the Century!

dario2739 said:
Pingu the Penguin said:

With Adidas being the same manufacturer that provides Real's kit – who by all accounts sell the same (if not more) shirts every year as the Rags – the fact that the Rags deal is more than twice theirs stinks to high heaven – surely if nothing else, UEFA should look into this as they did with our Etihad deal, which more and more looks like Etihad got the deal of the Century!

absolutely no chance of this happening.

As I understand it, for a sponsorship to be challenged under FFP it has to be from a related party and represent unfair value. The Rags' Adidas deal is not a related party sponsorship and thus can't be challenged. Our Etihad deal was the same.

What their deal has done is set a new benchmark though, which I think we could use to our advantage. I don't think there's anything stopping our owner setting up a kit manufacturing business and sponsoring City. As long as the deal represented fair value (which would be well more than our £12m deal with Nike considering United's new deal with Adidas), it would be fair game under FFP.

Be nice to have the kits done 'in house' too. Southampton have created their own kits this season and they look very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.