Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raheem is a player in his prime, not some half-arsed worked-out donkey. His contribution to us for the past 6 years was immense. What I can find in media we did fuck all to try to keep him. Always a workhorse, almost never injured and we let him leave for less money than that Brazilan dude from Everton. And we then let the other Brazilian dude leave, the one who is almost Raheem's clone when it comes to above mentioned attributes.
Lillo was obviously the one who changed our approach to defending, more organised slightly sitting further back to the middle. If Pep wants to go his old ways, good luck with Halland, Grealish and Mahrez up front. Just my opinion, or I just did not catch that Halland hysteria train.
Unusual for a post of this length to miss out on having any good or accurate points in it.
Come on, expand on those points that are inaccurate,or more likely the ones you just don't agree with, which is ok. Don't piss on me with one-liners like an ultimate truth-owner. And I might retort after dog walk.

Not sure a player has divided opinion as much as Raheem.
That’s because I’m not sure there’s ever been as player as good and frustratingly shit in polar opposite equal measures as Raheem. Nothing he does is average or goes under the radar. It’s either glaringly brilliant or glaringly shit in a stand-out fashion.

I’ve said previously that I’m not sure whether he’s the worst elite player or the best shit player I’ve ever seen.

I’m divided with how I feel about him. Even within any given five minutes from any game, you can be slamming your seat down in anger one minute and then screaming with joy about how you love him the next.

He must be the player with the most amount of games where he’s been absolutely awful yet finished the game with a goal and two assists or two goals and assist.

But that’s what we’re going to miss and probably struggle to replace. Not the 88 minutes of woeful play, the 2 minutes where he’s won the game.

Come on, expand on those points that are inaccurate,or more likely the ones you just don't agree with, which is ok. Don't piss on me with one-liners like an ultimate truth-owner. And I might retort after dog walk.
Well, he was here 7 years not 6. We tried to get him to sign a new contract for the better part of two years, making him the second highest paid player in the team (hardly doing fuck all). During that time he’s led the club on by coming up with various excuses as to why he couldn’t sign then and there (wages/new agents/game time)

We are “letting him leave” because he wants to leave and that’s what we do as a club. We are getting great money for a player that earns £15m per year and walks anywhere he wants for free in 12 months and can sign a pre-contract in 5. That’s a £60-65m swing in 12 months and he ain’t worth that much to us for that length of time.

Same with the “other Brazilian dude”. It’s great business to get so much for each of them (actually making a profit on both despite the contract situation).

As for your comments on Lillo, Pep, how we defend, our remaining attackers and how shite Haaland is, I don’t even think those are worth wasting my time on save to say I’ve bookmarked your post for later in the season.

That’s because I’m not sure there’s ever been as player as good and frustratingly shit in polar opposite equal measures as Raheem. Nothing he does is average or goes under the radar. It’s either glaringly brilliant or glaringly shit in a stand-out fashion.

I’ve said previously that I’m not sure whether he’s the worst elite player or the best shit player I’ve ever seen.

I’m divided with how I feel about him. Even within any given five minutes from any game, you can be slamming your seat down in anger one minute and then screaming with joy about how you love him the next.

He must be the player with the most amount of games where he’s been absolutely awful yet finished the game with a goal and two assists or two goals and assist.

But that’s what we’re going to miss and probably struggle to replace. Not the 88 minutes of woeful play, the 2 minutes where he’s won the game.
Nailed it there mate

I knew how I felt about Sterling but couldn't put it into words. You pretty much some up how i feel mate. I think he's the most frustrating player I've ever seen playing for us tbh.

Don't agree with you regarding the Chelsea bit but they do have a head start ,

I do agree that the Owners / Management 100% do care about the International market / fans.

Clubs don't runaway for nothing on these Pre-season tours etc. catering to the International market.

Additionally International Broadcast revenue will exceed local broadcast revenue driven by the demand of fans who wake up at odd hours to support " their teams" - so it most certainly 100% at present and will incrementally continue to contribute to the club coffers.

Its 2022 - its a global game , just plain facts. You will continue to see new fans whether people like it or not.

Just a heads-up if City do win the UCL ( hopefully ) in the near future - Ric and the mods can be rest assured you will have a greater influx of new fans onboard.

They can be irritating as fk ( Brazilian Gus for example - but he did make good points and I did like his post from time to time ) as I have already seen here in the last couple of month , but hey - that's what success gets you and certainly what the owner's want.

if people don't like or accept that , it's their wish and they can always mute their post.

I think we just have to accept that newer fans will have a different perspective to older fans.

Older fans don't have these fanboy obsessions, don't worry about the global fanbase, value the PL more than the CL and, generally, have a more informed opinion on the place of the club in history and in the present. So there will always be a conflict between the two for a football generation at least.

The club are smart enough to know how to develop the business. It is no coincidence City go to the US, rather than Africa or South East Asia. That is where the money-making opportunities are. It is no surprise they are at the forefront of e-sports development and the metaverse experience. They know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.