Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the claims that the media have swayed our decisions haha! As if I sit at home and think right I am unable to form my own opinion so lets see what everyone else thinks. He has certainly improved ( and fuck me didn't he need to ) but it seems just improving is enough. The post you quoted had a lot of right things about him, the level he is at etc. He would get nowhere near a team competing for the league/champions league as a regular starter.

If you count penalties that have led to goals, then Raheem has nine goals and TWENTY ONE ASSISTS. If that's not good enough then I don't know what is.

If you count penalties that have led to goals, then Raheem has nine goals and TWENTY ONE ASSISTS. If that's not good enough then I don't know what is.

Then add the ones he didn't get, off the top of my head

Walker
Milner
Robles
Umtiti

Then the more debatable ones

Fabianski
Rose
Wanyama

I'm sure there's more.

Was very good from August until January /February then been hit and miss since. His poor games stand out a mile due to his position and when he's been bad on occasion he's been pretty bad.
That said, anyone who can't see the improvement on last season and the quality he has are not going to change their opinions, so it's not really worth trying to.
This thread, similar to the Bravo one is now a broken record.

Mate, that is your opinion, however, the way it is presented is bloody ridiculous..

Reading the narrative you have gone up a notch since billy interjected, like you're trying to goad him back in to discussion, just my take...

It's one of these situations that you'll never agree on as a players attributes are exclusive to the viewer. I could point towards seeing a young lad who has worked his bollocks off all season, in a new system, putting his best figures up on the board and looking like there is more in the tank, you obviously see different but a conspiracy? A covenant of 'city' fans who have an agenda?? Come on man, this looks fuelled by historical opinion(s) and one has to admit when they are overly critical, I've done it myself with silva come to mention it, probably still overly critical (still couldn't score in a brothel), however, he's been brilliant this year and I'd be everything I hate about football fans if I couldn't admit that... a red **** no less!!!

Well to be honest,I'm far from trying to goad him,I couldn't care less what he thinks or says to be honest,but my take on him is he's not always right ........anyway I'm on his ignore list now,I'm not here to play that game mate,I'm 46 and seen loads of shite at City,so I know a bad un when I see one,over critical or not,just my opinion

He would get nowhere near a team competing for the league/champions league as a regular starter.

I'm sure I remember him as a teenager being an integral part of the Liverpool team which came the closest they've ever been to winning the Premier League. Or is that my blue tinted specs?

It's also odd that you mention the Champions League seeing as he's been arguably our best player in the competition since joining.

I'm sick to death of people defending him so much,when he fails to deliver when given a chance,I'll answer the question what you have asked the defence gang................We'd get about 25m if he was to go tomorrow,that is because he gets in the England squad,Everton,Southampton in this country would be only the top teams that would take him though,as long as it was paid in installments/performance related,fuck me we would owe them !

I'm sick to death of ****s like you disappearing from this thread until his from drops a little and then getting your knives out again.

Absolute scumminess of the highest order in my opinion, and what I'm sure everyone notices is that you'll never post about him after a good game, or great game, just skulk about waiting for the moment to pop out and say "I told you he was shit all along!!!!!!!"

Fortunately you're in a microscopic minority, and the manager has pinned his colours to the mast when he called Raheem the future of the club, so we can all laugh at your shit obsession and enjoy watching the kid play for us for the foreseeable.

I'm sick to death of ****s like you disappearing from this thread until his from drops a little and then getting your knives out again.

Absolute scumminess of the highest order in my opinion, and what I'm sure everyone notices is that you'll never post about him after a good game, or great game, just skulk about waiting for the moment to pop out and say "I told you he was shit all along!!!!!!!"

Fortunately you're in a microscopic minority, and the manager has pinned his colours to the mast when he called Raheem the future of the club, so we can all laugh at your shit obsession and enjoy watching the kid play for us for the foreseeable.

Check back in the thread and you will see that I have,you are one of the biggest ****s on here as well,never fucking wrong,well I'll tell you what,I won't post anymore in your beloved Sterling thread,and I won't even give you the satisfaction of coming back on to say I told you so,I was told there would be a reaction by a few,ironically you was mentioned,so true to form,here you are,fuck off

But firstly you don't count the penalties do you? Or do we to make him look better? If you think he is good enough then fill your boots, as I say he wouldn't be good enough for any top team.

Check back in the thread and you will see that I have,you are one of the biggest ****s on here as well,never fucking wrong,well I'll tell you what,I won't post anymore in your beloved Sterling thread,and I won't even give you the satisfaction of coming back on to say I told you so,I was told there would be a reaction by a few,ironically you was mentioned,so true to form,here you are,fuck off

Domalino has major stress levels I would leave it. To the point of making things up to sound good, I was regular on here last year with how poor he was, getting my head bitten off. I then was on here early season praising his improvement. He has gone off form (again) so we are rightly criticising him. It shows out of everyone we aren't blinkered, we have said when he has been good and said when he has been shite. Unlike his defenders who see him as amazing. Oh by the way he was shite first half here too.

I'm sure I remember him as a teenager being an integral part of the Liverpool team which came the closest they've ever been to winning the Premier League. Or is that my blue tinted specs?

It's also odd that you mention the Champions League seeing as he's been arguably our best player in the competition since joining.

Would any top team have him now? No, he has lived off that breakthrough season where he was excellent. No fear and scaring defences. He is a shadow of that player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.