Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hearing isn't great, and I didn't watch the game, but does the commentator say "Here's Raheem Sterling, trying to atone for his earlier error"?? If so, about sums up the attitude towards him
Craig Gordon.

I've just watched highlights of the ITV coverage. They give him credit for the delivery.

Only looked at a couple of papers whilst shopping but:
England found Raheem Sterling. His cross was exquisite, and from close range captain Harry Kane, who had barely featured until then, volleyed its superbly past Gordon. It looked simple; it clearly wasn’t. It was an outstanding goal. (Mail)
Raheem Sterling picked out Kane and it was an elegant finish. (Guardian)
Not sure they're not giving Sterling the credit he deserves. As for Hoddle, best leave it to Danny Baker. "Just to remind you all, Glenn Hoddle is probably being paid about £25k plus expenses for the dull mumbling horse-shit you're hearing tonight"
"Glenn Hoddle is in every way the sort of bore you are forced to over hear while waiting in a pub for your mate who's running late"

Sure I heard somewhere hoddle is on spurs payroll as a club ambassador. If so, he's earning his salary to endorse his employer and players whilst on TV.

Hoddle shouldn't be commentating on England games if that is the case.

Only looked at a couple of papers whilst shopping but:
England found Raheem Sterling. His cross was exquisite, and from close range captain Harry Kane, who had barely featured until then, volleyed its superbly past Gordon. It looked simple; it clearly wasn’t. It was an outstanding goal. (Mail)
Raheem Sterling picked out Kane and it was an elegant finish. (Guardian)
Not sure they're not giving Sterling the credit he deserves. As for Hoddle, best leave it to Danny Baker. "Just to remind you all, Glenn Hoddle is probably being paid about £25k plus expenses for the dull mumbling horse-shit you're hearing tonight"
"Glenn Hoddle is in every way the sort of bore you are forced to over hear while waiting in a pub for your mate who's running late"

It was hilarious. If Alli had produced that cross then Hoddle would have gone crazy. Instead as it was Sterling he completely turned it all on Harry Kane.

Bloody hell talk about over reaction- under no pressure he pumped a hopeful long ball into the box where the keeper and 3 defenders ball watched as Kane got on the end of it. What do you want an OBE ,freedom of Glasgow.

I think we'll see a much improved Raheem next season. Had a great season this year but dipped towards the end.

He will hugely benefit from another year with Pep, finally some competition in his position, rotation, and some rest, not to mention a quality full back behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.