Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Sterling first joined our side I wasn't sold - an inconsistent, diving, winger/striker (so I thought) - why did we sign him?

But since he's been in our side, his performances have convinced me otherwise - Sterling is a huge asset to our side - able to beat opposing defenders for pace/skill and creating numerous dangerous opportunities that more often than not result in goals.
=======
At the same time....

Tattooing an image of an assault rifle on your leg... for God's sake - that's incredibly provacative.

I'm anti-gun except for hunting as a sport (I'm not in favor of hunting but at the same this sport does not require the use of a high capacity assault rifle). I cannot for the life of me see any reason why citizens should be allowed to own assault rifles.

For Sterling to tattoo an assault rifle onto his lower leg without accompanying cross-out, or "No!," or some such similar rejection - is going to be seen as pro-gun, pro allowing assault rifles.

Assuming that Sterling is actually opposed to these sorts of weapons, this tattoo is illustrative of an extremely poor ability to communicate

If Sterling is pro-gun, as suggested by his tattoo, I couldn't disagree more.
========
That said - I value Sterling as a City player - he's been great for our side. But if he's in fact anti-gun, he needs to consult with others before making any sort of public display/statement. Lucid, clear communication is vital. Tattooing an image of an assault rifle on your leg if in fact you're anti-gun is at best going to be confusing.

Perhaps you haven't seen his statement about the tattoo. If you had you would know he is anti-guns. He doesn't need to put a cross trough it. It is a personal thing and he doesnt need to justify it to anyone. It isnt finished yet either. England footballers have been involved in drink driving and nightclub brawls before (Gerrard) and had very little persecution from the media about their status as role models. Rooney spent most of his time with prostitutes having affairs and got banter from fans but little in the way of criticism about his status as a role model. He even became and England captain. The treatment of Sterling is media bullying and there should be an apology considering the background to the tattoo.

Sterling was fantastic for us last season but just feel that this coming season is when he will blossom, I think he is on the cusp of something very special.

When Sterling first joined our side I wasn't sold - an inconsistent, diving, winger/striker (so I thought) - why did we sign him?

But since he's been in our side, his performances have convinced me otherwise - Sterling is a huge asset to our side - able to beat opposing defenders for pace/skill and creating numerous dangerous opportunities that more often than not result in goals.
=======
At the same time....

Tattooing an image of an assault rifle on your leg... for God's sake - that's incredibly provacative.

I'm anti-gun except for hunting as a sport (I'm not in favor of hunting but at the same this sport does not require the use of a high capacity assault rifle). I cannot for the life of me see any reason why citizens should be allowed to own assault rifles.

For Sterling to tattoo an assault rifle onto his lower leg without accompanying cross-out, or "No!," or some such similar rejection - is going to be seen as pro-gun, pro allowing assault rifles.

Assuming that Sterling is actually opposed to these sorts of weapons, this tattoo is illustrative of an extremely poor ability to communicate

If Sterling is pro-gun, as suggested by his tattoo, I couldn't disagree more.
========
That said - I value Sterling as a City player - he's been great for our side. But if he's in fact anti-gun, he needs to consult with others before making any sort of public display/statement. Lucid, clear communication is vital. Tattooing an image of an assault rifle on your leg if in fact you're anti-gun is at best going to be confusing.

Immensely uninformed, unless I have missed something in translation.

Get over yourself mate.
So are you happy seeing a City player acting like a twat.The number of posts on here condoning the like of Young and Co for the same thing,should tell you something.You sound like one of those people "don`t do as I do,do as I say".
You need to grow a pair and realise that City players are NOT exempt from criticism where warranted.In this case it certainly is.

So are you happy seeing a City player acting like a twat.The number of posts on here condoning the like of Young and Co for the same thing,should tell you something.You sound like one of those people "don`t do as I do,do as I say".
You need to grow a pair and realise that City players are NOT exempt from criticism where warranted.In this case it certainly is.

I must agree.

I have spent a week defending him against unwarranted abuse. But that dive was stupid, and deserved criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.