Raheem Sterling - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got a ridiculously high ceiling this guy. Guardiola turning him into a world class player is like a master jeweler cutting the most brilliant of diamonds from the largest of stones.

It makes me laugh how they try to comapre these two. One got over 20 goals last season the other got around 6!
[VIRTUE SIGNALLING] I like Sterling and rate him higher than most media outlets appear to [/VIRTUE SIGNALLING] but to be fair, last season was a bit of an anomaly goal-wise for him, whereas Rashford was playing sporadically in that awful, defensive Mourinho team. If you look at the last three seasons, Rashford has consistently scored at about a goal every 255 minutes. Sterling is at a goal every 228 minutes, but his numbers have dramatically improved from 344 minutes a goal from 2015-2017 to 144 minutes a goal last season.

So, the bottom line is that Rashford had a much better scoring rate in 2015-16 and 2016-17, but Sterling's was much better last season. The more interesting question is whether Sterling will revert to his previous numbers this year, or if he's genuinely moved up a level in terms of his goal production (and Sunday suggests the latter).

[VIRTUE SIGNALLING] I like Sterling and rate him higher than most media outlets appear to [/VIRTUE SIGNALLING] but to be fair, last season was a bit of an anomaly goal-wise for him, whereas Rashford was playing sporadically in that awful, defensive Mourinho team. If you look at the last three seasons, Rashford has consistently scored at about a goal every 255 minutes. Sterling is at a goal every 228 minutes, but his numbers have dramatically improved from 344 minutes a goal from 2015-2017 to 144 minutes a goal last season.

So, the bottom line is that Rashford had a much better scoring rate in 2015-16 and 2016-17, but Sterling's was much better last season. The more interesting question is whether Sterling will revert to his previous numbers this year, or if he's genuinely moved up a level in terms of his goal production (and Sunday suggests the latter).
Rag!

But World Cup squads aren’t generally based on a players’ form over 3 previous seaons. Also, Rashford’s goals per minute is a pretty misleading as he doesn’t play as often as Sterling and burst on the scene with lots of goals quickly

My point is, I don’t think Rashford is very good and that Sterling is a class apart

I said at the time,if Salah had scored that goal we would be seeing it on a SSN repeat every hour on the hour.

The reaction to a fantastic goal,that he predominantly created himself,was very underwhelming.

It makes me laugh how they try to comapre these two. One got over 20 goals last season the other got around 6!

On a side point, am I the only one that thinks Rashford taking the United number 10 shirt is a bit of a liberty?

it's a rather fantastic goal, scored by an Englishman, when all's said & done.

Fairly muted response of begrudging praise so far, I would say.

Let's see how the reaction is, if he falls flat on his face after rounding a keeper, or similar.

But World Cup squads aren’t generally based on a players’ form over 3 previous seaons. Also, Rashford’s goals per minute is a pretty misleading as he doesn’t play as often as Sterling and burst on the scene with lots of goals quickly

My point is, I don’t think Rashford is very good and that Sterling is a class apart
Fair enough - that's not an unreasonable opinion, and Southgate's team selections suggest he agrees with you to some extent.

How many games did Rashford play? How many chances did he create, miss? Assists? Key plays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.