#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's anything to do with burnout though, burnout doesn't make you miss simple chances, misplace passes etc . He's just hopelessly out of form, playing like he did before Pep got hold of him.

Of course it does. Concentration and fatigue are intrinsically linked.

Always an excuse,people who go the games understand it,he’s been playing absolutely shite for ages now,but he keeps getting picked so something must be catching the eye of the boss,problem is 50k in the ground are scratching their heads,so we go with the flow,but something isn’t right though,tired or not tired

Always an excuse,people who go the games understand it,he’s been playing absolutely shite for ages now,but he keeps getting picked so something must be catching the eye of the boss,problem is 50k in the ground are scratching their heads,so we go with the flow,but something isn’t right though,tired or not tired
Well I suppose there's a point worth discussing there. What's he doing to catch Guardiola's eye? Is there something that's being missed by many of the posters? Because a guy like Guardiola isn't going to be blind to constantly spooned shots and crosses and failed dribbles, so there's got to be something that people aren't thinking about.
We don't know what's going on most of the time in training, as a starting point.

I PERSONALLY believe it's to do with his workrate and off the ball movement. I know people don't like to acknowledge the importance of off the ball movement but it makes up for around 95% of what a player is doing over a 90 minute game. I think it was the same with Silva last season. Even when he wasn't doing much in possession his ability to read play and position himself was so brilliant (I mean top 5 in the world brilliant, only Sterling, and at a push Jesus and KDB come anywhere near close to Silva for positioning and movement in our team) that even when he wasn't doing anything, he was doing A LOT.

You have never liked him though

You have never liked him though

irrelevant on this occasion and to be fair I’ve kept quiet for a very long time,but there are far too many defending him in what is arguably the worst point in his City career,just some will not accept it,it’s as frustrating as he is at times

irrelevant on this occasion and to be fair I’ve kept quiet for a very long time,but there are far too many defending him in what is arguably the worst point in his City career,just some will not accept it,it’s as frustrating as he is at times
He has made you stay quiet,he is out of form whilst still scoring,he has a lot to deal with off the pitch over the last few years,he hasn't fallen off a permanent cliff

He has made you stay quiet,he is out of form whilst still scoring,he has a lot to deal with off the pitch over the last few years,he hasn't fallen off a permanent cliff

nah he hasn’t there’s been plenty times I could of mentioned something but I go with what the boss picks although it’s weird that when he had a stinker at swamp other week,he don’t start at Villa and we get 6

Sterling is'nt worth his place on current from , but he is a brilliant footballer and he will come back into form , he can play as shit as he wants until the Champs league starts again , we do not need him on top form to progress in the domestic cups and the title has gone , but we need Raheem at 100% for Real Madrid and the rest of the Champs league campaign , its footballers like him on top form that make the difference against the best teams in europe, anyone writing this lad off after his achievements over the last couple of seasons needs to give their head a wobble,he's mentally tough as old boots , and a winner.

I agree it’s fine to say he’s having a bad spell but like a post above the difference in reactions to him and Bernardo is noticeable. When Bernardo was in bad form it was “come on chap get back to form soon” or “where is Bernie of last season :(“ when it’s raheem it’s “fuck off” “I’d sell to Madrid if they offered enough” and not just criticism but abuse. Didn’t see one person say we should sell Bernardo when he was in poor form.

This guy's going to break records in the next few months for the number of posts in a thread that read along the lines,

'I was wrong about him and never should have doubted him'.

The crazy thing is it wouldn't even be the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.