#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player with world class potential wouldnt disappear vs the same teams everytime. Wouldn't miss clear cut chances over and over again. have the shot power of an u-13 and get so easily pocketed by defensive fullbacks.

His attack postioning is world class though and helps to gloss over his short comings in other areas

i agree and I’ve said it before. Off the ball he is world class, it’s no fluke the positions he gets into and the chances and goals he gets but he is very average on the ball.
I’m serious when I say my nephew hits a ball cleaner the Raheem and he’s 5.

I’d say world class is someone who’s the best player in their position in the world and would therefore get into a world 11. World class gets said about loads of players now though. Someone with Sterling’s touch is far from world class in my opinion. Great pace and movement but not too much else unfortunately. Be nice to see if he can rediscover his form on the right though as he’s now for months gone back to how he was under Pellers on the left. This is more than a dip in form as he’s been awful for too long.

Since October mate

To help sterling he should put him on the right for a while and tell him not to worry about anything other than making a handful of ambitious runs every match. Just let him run free for a bit. His responsibility to always possess ball + cut in has sucked the life out of him.

Would also love to see mahrez play a little more right/centrally and to have someone like a running sterling to slip in.

I have never before made a negative comment about a City player,either at a game or on Bluemoon.
But today I have broken my silence as I feel that Raheem is now just a passenger who is actually taking the place of another forward who would be of more benefit to the team.
He plays as a winger but cannot get past a full back using either speed or trickery. He also plays as a striker and misses more gilt edged chances than all the other strikers combined.
He either needs dropping by Pep,(although for some reason Pep seems reluctant to do that) or he needs moving onto another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.