#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot to pieces since the Gomez incident at the England camp, the media and Southgate went on the attack again and this time he's not fought it as well, mission accomplished.

Shot to pieces since the Gomez incident at the England camp, the media and Southgate went on the attack again and this time he's not fought it as well, mission accomplished.
LOL even the media to blame for him losing form?

Come on, he has not turned up for months, either he get's his sh1t together, or sell him.

In my opinion his value will never be higher than now.

Reactions: Itd
LOL even the media to blame for him losing form?

Come on, he has not turned up for months, either he get's his sh1t together, or sell him.

In my opinion his value will never be higher than now.

When did his form slip, months ago after the England incident, he was berated from pillar to post and hasn't been the same since, he's dog shit at the minute but form is temporary and class is permanent.

In many ways we have lost them both already.

Sane through injury and Sterling from form.

Not sure we will ever see them both back in sky blue and ripping teams a new one.

Spot on we’ve lost the pace of both of them this season as Sterling can’t use his on the left. Still bemused how he was allowed to continue his horrendous form on the left all game against a fullback he never beats without once being switched to the right.

I'd flog him. Will always score goals purely down to the way we play, but so would anyone else in that position. Tactically we've changed how we attack (or opposition teams are better at stopping us) and we don't score as many goals from the byline. I'm not sure what % of Sterling goals come from those positions but i'd say the vast majority.

The fact of the matter is he can't kick the ball very well. He never has been able to, his technique is abysmal but his numbers have always covered that up. When the numbers dry up, the weaknesses in his game are glaringly obvious. He talks up Madrid, if they want him, for the sort of money his numbers make him worth, then i'd sell him. They'll destroy him in Madrid and he'll be back in England for half of what they paid within 2/3 years.

He's tactically very good, with excellent positional sense but he is abysmal at the basics.

The problem is he's English so losing a spot doesn't help us unless we replace him with Sancho or bring in English players elsewhere.

Reactions: Itd
When did his form slip, months ago after the England incident, he was berated from pillar to post and hasn't been the same since, he's dog shit at the minute but form is temporary and class is permanent.

He was in abject form well before the Gomez incident. I’d contend that he hasn’t played well since September. It’s now March. That’s 6 months. At what point does the form become permanent and the class temporary? He needs an extended rest

Madrid wont be interested, they have Hazard who they need to get fit and firing never mind another 100m+ signing. They are investing heavily in the young brazilians they have bought.

Sterling yesterday was no worse than he has been in the past few games apart from that one burst of pace against Madrid to win a penalty.

Should have buried that chance yesterday and it might have masked another awful performance. Wan-Bissaka is a good defender but Sterling didn't attack him once, fck knows why Pep didn't swap him over and put on Mahrez on the left. Try something different ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.