#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally starting to return to his previous two seasons form, and probably just in time for the Madrid game.

His form early in the season was brilliant as well, it was when the fatigue hit from playing every single game while Sané was out that he stopped scoring and playing well.

Lockdown did Sterling the world of good!

I was sat at games scratching my head with what I was seeing with him this season. It was like an imposter had come and replaced him - looked like him, ran like him, but played nothing like him.

He’s been good since we came back to this not-really-football. Let’s hope he can now kick on again, because I think he needs to take another step up like he did in 2017-18.

Being as good as he was between 2017-2019 is one thing but I think there’s more in there to come from the lad. I think he can be great if he really works at it.

There are still a few things he needs to work on:
Taking people on up the byline on the left wing.
His left foot crossing.
Taking shots with his left foot when running into the box and the left foot shot is on.
Controlling the ball on the run.
One-on-ones with the ’keeper.

Take a look at our first two goals against Newcastle to show what strong left foot play on the left wing can bring. If he can add that to his game we’ll score 5 every single game!

These improvements will see him become a great player... and I think he’s got it in him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just thinking about Raheem, and if anything, he's underrated.

It's a bit mad that Sterling has 27 goals this season, more than Aguero, Salah, Kane etc, and yet no one's really arsed. Imagine if he hadn't that quiet spell of 3/4 months? We'd be talking about a 35-40 goal season.

And yet he's still scored t w e n t y s e v e n. That's a remarkable amount of goals, but we've just normalised it internally. The press barely ever mention him. Mane this, Salah that etc. He could hit 30!

For a closer to home comparison, Aguero's highest ever all comps tally for City is 33. Sterling could get very, very near that, and possibly eclipse it this season. And once again, he was in his worst form in two years for half of the campaign. Remarkable, really.

Had to, fucking HAD TO play on the right after Mahrez went off for another left footer coming on to play on the right tonight.

Criminal from Pep!

Lacked end product but at least he felt dangerous. Apart from him and KDB all of our attackers did hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.