#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - Walker, running into the box,was screaming for the pass and I think it put Raz in two minds.
I think he was always intending to square it but Van Dijk gets back, and right across his line of vision, at the last second.

Selfishly I would personally love for him to become captain, especially as I believe we should choose one for the long term now to avoid a similair situation next season or soon after, but it's also hard to see.

His general play , awareness has improved ten fold with Pep , his finishing has improved but his problem is when he has time to think about his options , he is one of the best instinctive finishers around , maybe as he gets more experienced he will start to finish more of the one on one chances , but at the moment its 50/50 when he is clean through against a keeper , if he can improve this ratio he will rightly be called world class

Worked his bollocks off today winning loads of balls, scored our goal and generally was a real threat. Could have scored one or two more but he's in great shape for the real business which starts on Saturday.

Edit: Additionally, he has disappeared in games against Liverpool previously but today he took it to them. I like the fact he celebrated his goal as he did too.

He should of been more ruthless when he was through on goal, can't imagine Aguero would of passed it

The one that hit the post was really well taken and unlucky to not go in.

He should of been more ruthless when he was through on goal, can't imagine Aguero would of passed it

You are right there but lets not forget Mr Aguero can make a right royal fuck up of it when he has time to think. When he has a split second to get a shot away wonderful things happen. The one who I would back to have buried the one on one with the keeper today would be Jesus, likewise I would be having him take penalties before Sterling or Aguero.

He'll learn from the glaring miss today, and will know to just make his mind up instead of being caught between 2 deicisions next time. As long as he gets rid of the pre-season rust he'll be on fire this season for us. Love him to bits and hope he can become world class. Whether he can make that level will depend on his ability to just upgrade his finishing a bit. Not the finished article yet! Raheem "The Dream" Sterling... G'wan lad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.