#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with most of that but the problem is he tends to miss them when it really matters. The Arsenal cup game whilst obviously not alone he did fuck all apart make the wrong choice in a great position. It was then fairly predictable he’d be on fire against Watford and Norwich. Again last night when it really matters he produced an unbelievably bad miss. He’s a bit like team in that if you look at how many goals we score you’d think why would we need another forward. The amount of games we’ve struggled to score against larked busses this season tells a different story. Flat track bullies is what we’ve become

I think this covers nigh on every City player whether striker or defender. Eddie drops one and it's a goal, anyone in the back four make a mistake and it's a goal. The midfield misplace a pass and we are countered. We need a goal and we get a glaring miss! It's the way it's become, I fear.

I agree with most of that but the problem is he tends to miss them when it really matters. The Arsenal cup game whilst obviously not alone he did fuck all apart make the wrong choice in a great position. It was then fairly predictable he’d be on fire against Watford and Norwich. Again last night when it really matters he produced an unbelievably bad miss. He’s a bit like team in that if you look at how many goals we score you’d think why would we need another forward. The amount of games we’ve struggled to score against larked busses this season tells a different story. Flat track bullies is what we’ve become

I mean even you don't really believe that first line. It's clear you've probably been waiting for this opportunity to jump on his 'flaws' as a player but thankfully the majority seem to know and understand his huge value to the team and that he is the least of the teams' worries especially in these knockout cup games. Funny you totally overlooked my point in my earlier post about how he's contributed half of the 10 goals in the past ties against monaco/tottenham, you know games 'when it really matters' and was largely let down by poor defending in them which ultimately proved decisive but no let's rather focus on the one miss in a game where he was actually once again one of the few better performers.

I mean even you don't really believe that first line. It's clear you've probably been waiting for this opportunity to jump on his 'flaws' as a player but thankfully the majority seem to know and understand his huge value to the team and that he is the least of the teams' worries especially in these knockout cup games. Funny you totally overlooked my point in my earlier post about how he's contributed half of the 10 goals in the past ties against monaco/tottenham, you know games 'when it really matters' and was largely let down by poor defending in them which ultimately proved decisive but no let's rather focus on the one miss in a game where he was actually once again one of the few better performers.

It took him until the game that meant nothing to finally score against Liverpool (don’t count friendlies) and he’s never scored against utd and missed an absolute shitload of sitters. You can’t trust him to finish simple chances usually in big moments. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be in the team, shame he’s never in his best position anymore too where he’d consistently go at and beat defenders. Being one of the better performers last night means very little when he misses a chance like that.

Probably is the least of our worries with the amount of other floors in the side currently. I’m more worried about our manager than Sterling.

Anyone can miss, it happens. He’s a bit more prone to it than most. We just rely on him too much. He really needs to be our third best scorer among the attacking 3 but he’s being asked to be 1st or 2nd based on Agueros availability.

Aguero has never been durable and won’t get more durable now. If we had a really clinical striker and more clinical than Raheem other winger we could better survive his random bad finishes because of all the threat he carries.

Like many, I’m completely baffled that we went away from and eventually lost the Sane/Sterling wing partnerships. Sterling just isn’t good enough on his left to play the left and we carried much more threat when he and Sane ran their defenders to the end line and turned the back line. It feels like we have spent an eternity buying players to move away from that while only getting worse

It was a horrible and unexpected miss. One positive is that Raheem has proven his mental strength time and time again, he will dust himself off and look to improve again next season.

Think the pre-match build up showed he has improved his goal stats every single season since he came to us, and he should now be entering his prime years.

Are we really blaming Raz for a loss against a 7th place team in France?

Yes it was a horrible miss but we’re talking about fucking Lyon here. It’s not Bayern, where such a fine margin can decide a game, we should be comfortably beating Lyon, open goal miss or not.

Will probably never be a clean striker of the ball. Plays a lot better on the right. His positional awareness and off the ball movement are world class.

Didn’t have the greatest game. Did some bad things you expect him to do. He’ll come back from it. He’s had to deal with a lot since Liverpool exit.

Defo needs someone to challenge his position. Goals are great but his assists almost non-existent this season. Space and his off the ball movement helps him beat a man on the left. Doesn’t have as much success dribbling past one on the left compared to when he‘s on the right. Stats may say otherwise but it feels that way.

Only thing we can do is hope he irons out some things from his game and adds certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.