#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We started last season with Sterling on the right, Sane on the left and Bernardo central in Kev's absence, I don't see why we can't have Mahrez on the left.

He was doubled up all game with no space to run in to. He hasn’t been great recently compared to his sizzling early form but wolves did their homework and completely shut him down. It was up to someone else to make use of the space and no one did. Cancelo tried first half and made some incisive runs but zinchenko did nothing second half.
This

His limitations as a player are still there and he’s not as good as we think he is. In times of team injuries, the best players take the game over and lead the team. Instead, Sterling has shrunk as a player without the best midfield in the world behind him.

Still a long way to go before this lad is world class.

Doesn’t help that he’s not a left winger at all for me. He’s been great there when he’s had Fernandinho/de Bruyne/David/Bernardo playing in centre mid behind him but we’ve only had one, the odd time two, of these players at any one time in centre mid this season and Sterling has not risen to the fore and lead this team.

His limitations as a player are still there and he’s not as good as we think he is. In times of team injuries, the best players take the game over and lead the team. Instead, Sterling has shrunk as a player without the best midfield in the world behind him.

Doesn’t help that he’s not a left winger at all for me. Sterling has not risen to the fore and lead this team.

Wrong. wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

He's comfortably world class.

He's our top scorer despite "not having the best midfield in the world behind him".

He completely took over the Dinamo game when we were in shit. Scored a massive goal vs. Everton even when he'd been having a poor game, he just kept pounding away until he came up with a big contribution, while others faded. He broke his Liverpool goal duck this season and he completely ran the show at West Ham.

A bad league game and the knives are out again, pathetic.

Last edited:
Wrong. wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

He's comfortably world class.

He's our top scorer despite "not having the best midfield in the world behind him".

He completely took over the Dinamo game when we were in shit. Scored a massive goal vs. Everton even when he'd been having a poor game, he just kept pounding away until he came up with a big contribution, while others faded. He broke his Liverpool goal duck this season and he completely ran the show at West Ham.

A bad league game and the knives are out again, pathetic.
He’s not played well when starting a City game since August. It’s not just one bad game.

It certainly isn’t helped by a total lack of decent attacking left back to create space and passing quality to Sterling.

There’s no definitive definition of world class but he wouldn’t get into my World XI (which is what I define as world class).

He’s not played well when starting a City game since August. It’s not just one bad game.

It certainly isn’t helped by a total lack of decent attacking left back to create space and passing quality to Sterling.

There’s no definitive definition of world class but he wouldn’t get into my World XI (which is what I define as world class).

That is the worst definition of world class I've ever heard.

There's only 11 world class players? What if the 2 best goalkeepers that ever played the game were both around at the same time? Only 1 is world class?

Who are the 11 world class players then?

Last edited:

Have long have you had this post in draft for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.