#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peculiar kind of player - missed a shedload on Saturday but near got a goal from everything last night. I even let him off the 'glaring' miss for his fourth when I heard that Hazard had rounded the goalie and hit the bar! Apparently Eden is not getting a great welcome from the Madrileños - Raheem needs to keep an eye on that and realise the Beswick welcome far outweighs the Bernabeu Bienvenido!

Tbh I don't think its that peculiar at all. Players miss chances all of the time. Some of the greatest goalscorers of all time are the worst culprits. Even Ronaldo has so many days where he has 10 shots and no goals. Look at how many Aguero and Kane miss too. Its nornal. I think we just live in an era with social media where we overthink these things. Some players get more stick than others for it. Sterling is one.

Tbh I don't think its that peculiar at all. Players miss chances all of the time. Some of the greatest goalscorers of all time are the worst culprits. Even Ronaldo has so many days where he has 10 shots and no goals. Look at how many Aguero and Kane miss too. Its nornal. I think we just live in an era with social media where we overthink these things. Some players get more stick than others for it. Sterling is one.

Yep, look at Aguero's miss in the first half when Foden laid it on a plate for him for example. Even the very best miss easy ones.

He already is.... changed your perception 2 years in pal?? (:

Most certainly. I didn't think he had this level in him and I am happy to say I was proven wrong. What I will say is, numbers aside, I actually think his overall play was consistently better last season, than this and that is why I made the 8 out of 10 comment.

The ballon d'or has already been voted for, hence the top 30 announced on Monday.

December 2 is just the when they release the results.

The voting will take place in November. Journalists will vote for one of the 30 players nominated by France Football. The nominations are decided by France Football, not by voting. Some of the nominated players might get 0 votes.

I even let him off the 'glaring' miss for his fourth when I heard that Hazard had rounded the goalie and hit the bar!

I agree with others that one can't expect that plyers like Sterling will slot all chances given. What is more important even with the chance Sterling had there is that in many ways it was also a chance that Sterling had given to himself to a great extend. Yes nice pass but Sterling's movement plays a big factor in allowing him that chance, another player for ex. might not have even come to get the chance in that circumstance so no chance to miss then either.

His movement off the ball is incredible...almost impossible to defend against. His last goal from the Mahrez cross is a perfect example.

Sterling deserves every bit of praise he is getting at present and for how he has worked and developed/improved his game over the last few years. In terms of permformance and ability (as well as financially) he is a vastly superior player than the one we bought (And he was already decent then) - oh how much that must sting the scousers.

HOwever the praise he is getting from the media he and us as a club need to be very very wary of. There is nothing more the media in this country like to do than to build omeone up to then kncok them down or destroy them in some way. The way i cansee this happening with Sterling is to build him up and to then start the rumour mill about wanting to take the next step up (With things around wanting to win champs league etc) and wanting a move to Madrid or Barca. (Of course sterling may want this himself and who could deny him that) -but the media will drive this narrative at some point i have no doubt..its their modus opernadum

nothing sells more than negative stories.

It will be the above or if Sterling is still with us the next time the Euros/world cup comes around the whole countries hopes will be placed on his shoulders and then when we fail (cause the rest of the team is nowehere near good enough) blame will be place on him

Pep is already trying to defelct all the praise cause he can see it happening and he knows how the shits in the media work. All this comparing him to Messsi/Ronaldo stuff is the start of it.

HOwever the praise he is getting from the media he and us as a club need to be very very wary of. There is nothing more the media in this country like to do than to build omeone up to then kncok them down or destroy them in some way. The way i cansee this happening with Sterling is to build him up and to then start the rumour mill about wanting to take the next step up (With things around wanting to win champs league etc) and wanting a move to Madrid or Barca.

Oh I just can't wait to scroll through all the comments from people who've turned on him because a few articles got posted and he didn't immediately release a public statement saying he wants to retire with us and has a Paul Dickov poster in his bedroom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.