#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he starts playing on the right wing - day by day, he is becoming more like the "Pellegrini Sterling" than the "Guardiola Sterling" we have got used to.
There is no way - he will ever be as effective as he was on the right wing and there are reasons.

1) Assists were coming from the crosses and now - with the left foot it's impossible. That's why he has only 1 assist and had 10+ in previous two seasons..
2) Goals were coming from the tap-ins and now - he needs to improvise and be more creative - which unfortunately he isn't.
3) I would prefer the attack to be dependable on system than creativity of the wingers. With the Sterling`s pace system was working always, now it depends on the mood and the level of the defense.

Team has lost the pace, power and it's trademark - Sane - Sterling wide wings..

If it's not clear - it won't be clear ever..

There are 2 options:

1) Get an extension for sane and return to wide wings
2) Get a replacement for sane and return to wide wings..

Otherwise the quality and level we were used to - ain't coming soon :(

Unless he starts playing on the right wing - day by day, he is becoming more like the "Pellegrini Sterling" than the "Guardiola Sterling" we have got used to.
There is no way - he will ever be as effective as he was on the right wing and there are reasons.

1) Assists were coming from the crosses and now - with the left foot it's impossible. That's why he has only 1 assist and had 10+ in previous two seasons..
No it is because his team mates have been missing every chance he has created. Only KDB, TAA and Raul Jimenez has a higher number of expected assists in the league. If you look at this season and the 18/19 there are no difference at all in his expected number of assists per 90mins and only a difference of 0,10 expected goals per 90mins in favour of the right wing (Premier League only). I like him on the left but he’s out of form at the moment and the poor form of his team mates isn’t helping.

2 months of average form and this thread is a state again. Are we gonna ignore what we’ve seen in the last 2 years? He started the season on fire and he’ll get there again.

Fans are fickle, we change our minds on players all time, sometimes on a weekly basis. Two years ago, I didn't rate Sterling at all. I have since loved him for two seasons. It happens.

I am more concerned that Sterling is ignoring what he has done the past two years. I don't see the same focus from him this season (hes not the only player with this problem). What I am seeing and what concerns me most, is the big-time charlie attitude which appears to have crept in since he has been getting rave reviews and become a media darling. All of a sudden he seems reluctant to pass, wants to do the majority himself and now seems to favour trying to beat man after man rather than being ultra direct and efficient like he has in the past two seasons.

No it is because his team mates have been missing every chance he has created. Only KDB, TAA and Raul Jimenez has a higher number of expected assists in the league. If you look at this season and the 18/19 there are no difference at all in his expected number of assists per 90mins and only a difference of 0,10 expected goals per 90mins in favour of the right wing (Premier League only). I like him on the left but he’s out of form at the moment and the poor form of his team mates isn’t helping.

Nope, results speak for themselves..
I don't care how many of those "expected assists" were given, I care about real assists and can see with my two eyes that - he can't cross with the left foot, like he
was able to do with the "right foot".

Sterling on the left wing - ain't gonna happen.

I imagine what would happen, if Pep decided to give a "star" role to Pedro in Barcelona :D
Somehow he was allowed to do that in Manchester City..

he's just not as good on the left...the whole inverted thing kills our space and with the decline of David and those slide rule passes through defensive lines we have suffered.

Opponents are not allowing space in behind as often, so Sterling is receiving the ball to feet and having to take players on instead of being played in behind.

David Silva’s decline means Sterling isn’t getting played through as much.

The inconsistency we have on the right wing in terms of personnel and performance means we’re not getting players attacking the far post the few times that Sterling actually makes it to the byline.

The whole team has apparently been instructed to drift high aimless balls into the area which is the exact opposite to the hard and low crosses across the six yard line that Sterling thrives on.

While I definitely agree that we need more from Sterling, there are definitely factors behind his control that are hindering his effectiveness.

Pretty poor video being leaked from his birthday, basically a young woman 'twerking' on Raheem and then his missus comes flying over and it kicks off. Pretty disappointing

Great support blues,no fucker gets the aggro he does on and off the pitch
All of us support him at the ground. He gets a hell of a lot, and I mean a hell of a lot, less aggro on here than Stones Gundogan and Otamendi get.

He looks an average player this season. Been genuinely shit in a few games. For a player we all thought was going to be a leader of this team, it’s a huge talking point. Doesn’t matter what goes on elsewhere, on a City forum its one of the biggest discussion topics to see how he’s playing.

You’ve not posted that on the John Stones thread and some of the comments on there and in other threads about him are genuinely a fucking disgrace from so called Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.