#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madrid wont be interested, they have Hazard who they need to get fit and firing never mind another 100m+ signing. They are investing heavily in the young brazilians they have bought.

Sterling yesterday was no worse than he has been in the past few games apart from that one burst of pace against Madrid to win a penalty.

Should have buried that chance yesterday and it might have masked another awful performance. Wan-Bissaka is a good defender but Sterling didn't attack him once, fck knows why Pep didn't swap him over and put on Mahrez on the left. Try something different ffs.

To be fair Mahrez did well when he came on and Foden went inside. Them two started to link up well together, and if we were going to score, it was going to come from that position. I felt no need to disrupt that personally. I wouldve brought Jesus on for Sterling and played him on the left and left Serg there but, opinions and all that!

To be fair Mahrez did well when he came on and Foden went inside. Them two started to link up well together, and if we were going to score, it was going to come from that position. I felt no need to disrupt that personally. I wouldve brought Jesus on for Sterling and played him on the left and left Serg there but, opinions and all that!
Yeah Mahrez did do well, had Williams and Shaw all over the place but I don't think it would have hurt to try something else.

Foden did do a lot better centrally, I agree.

Been poor but the lack of loyalty shown by some of our fanbase to a player who has been a stand out performer for two years is pretty grim - specially when it turns into personal insults like calling him a tosser etc.

There's obviously a player in there, we've seen it a load of times but when he's not on his game he isn't just average, he's bloody awful.
Not sure how Pep brings back that player, this isn't just a dip in form, it's more than that & i'll admit, i don't know exactly what the problem is.
Hopefully Raheem can sort himself out & get back to the player he was

Problem is he has no trickery when facing opp full back. It makes so easy for full backs to defend against him if he doesn't have space in front of him to run into.

To beat an opp full back you must have some street football trickery I.e. Ronaldinho, Coman from Bayern, Neymar etc. Sterling hasn't got that.

If he's isolated 1on1 he's useless. His 'dribbling' is basically passing to himself into space in front of him and outpacing the fullback.

He has to play either on the right and using his pace play some hard low crosses or cutbacks or as a false 9.

To be fair, there is not much loyalty from Sterling's part either talking up another club.
He's a professional footballer. They all do it to an extent. I couldn't give a fuck tbh. He plays for us, has recently signed a new contract which ensures his best years are spent with us. A poor season by his standards doesn't warrant the shite you read on here directed at him.

Yesterday disappointed in terms of you want to see him get a goal or the better of a full back. The underrated aspect of his work, was pulling Wan-Bissaka out of position. Leaving gaps that usually KBD or David Silva can exploit. Aguero had a smidgen of success first half. Another day, different players could be a different result.

Out form unquestionably, but I feel Pep is not helping him by leaving him out there when he's clearly not performing to his best.
Use him as a sub for while, like the Madrid game, when he can come on for lat 15-20 and make an impact running at tired or booked defenders, he'll contribute that way and get his mojo back. For now use Mahrez, Jesus and Bernardo as the pool of wingers until Sane is ready

Liverpool and the rags must be delighted every time they see Sterling in our starting eleven when facing them. Alexander -Arnold and Wan-Bissaka have had him in their pockets every single game, he's playing at Championship level some could argue even lower at present.
Sane can't come back quickly enough, but even he will take ages to get up to speed so we have a big problem on that left side.
He might not even be first choice for England at the Euros if he doesn't snap out of this huge slump as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.