#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His goal was a ridiculously well executed finish.

I keep saying it but Sterling with a confident attitude is a major talent.
When he's on it he's world class. We need to help him sustain that. And he needs to work on it too

I actually don't understand what Pep's plan is when he plays with Zinchenko.

Zinchenko tucks in, so Sterling is wide on the touch line --> Ineffective because he is right footed and so far from goal, he isn't crossing on his weaker left foot

Zinchenko goes wide, so Sterling plays inside --> Better position for Sterling, but then Zinchenko is useless as he doesn't cross and we have no left side attack, plus he is too slow to track back counter attacks from such a wide position

Pairing the two doesn't make sense to me.

If we buy Bailey, then I can see Zinchenko and Bailey playing together, but I've never liked this pairing.

I said as much in the match day thread when it was happening and got shouted down.

We looked worse when the wide men went off.

You have to remember Sterling played 97 minutes vs. Chelsea, 95' vs Newcastle, 79' vs. Liverpool and then an hour vs. Southampton.

330 minutes of football in 10 days, and we have Newcastle on Wednesday and Brighton on Saturday etc.

There's just too much football on, he had to come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.