#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact Messi is arguably the greatest footballer in history with 750 goals to his name and has a below average conversion rate at penalties suggests not.
More relevant Is that Sterling should never have been given the opportunity to take last night’s penalty. If the same argument applies to Messi, he wasn’t playing for us last night so who gives a flying fcuk?

Last edited:
I feel like we're making a mountain out of a molehill here.
Exactly - players who rarely miss pens are those who have total self belief that they are not going to miss. It's just a case of finding someone in our squad who has that confidence. When I played I knew I would score every time I took one and didn't even think I'd miss - a little arrogant, maybe but if I took one now I'd over think it, try to be too clever and probably miss.

Raheem is just not having a good run in front of goal compared to his last two seasons but it will come and we will need him to hit form later in the season when it really matters. Nothing to see here!

The fact Messi is arguably the greatest footballer in history with 750 goals to his name and has a below average conversion rate at penalties suggests not.
What is a below average conversion rate?

Messi’s career penalty conversion rate is 80%.

What is a below average conversion rate?

Messi’s career penalty conversion rate is 80%.
Messi's average is 78% and the average is about 82% depending on the model.

Even if you want be more vague and just said he's average, the theory penalties are a marker of overall ability is obviously wrong and there are hundreds of examples to back it up.

More relevant Is that Sterling should never have been given the opportunity to take last night’s penalty. If the same argument applies to Messi, he wasn’t playing for us last night so who gives a flying fcuk?
Exactly. I don't give a fuck what Messi does because be doesn't play for us, so no need to mention him.

Exactly - players who rarely miss pens are those who have total self belief that they are not going to miss. It's just a case of finding someone in our squad who has that confidence. When I played I knew I would score every time I took one and didn't even think I'd miss - a little arrogant, maybe but if I took one now I'd over think it, try to be too clever and probably miss.

Raheem is just not having a good run in front of goal compared to his last two seasons but it will come and we will need him to hit form later in the season when it really matters. Nothing to see here!
Exactly, again! No harm in saying Sterling's not where he needs to be right now, but that's really all that needs to be said and the line can be drawn there!

I know he has been largely poor this season but when he is in the team, he gives the opposition something to worry about with his pace and trickery especially when he started playing from the right side of attack, where his performances have improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.