#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Stones played badly he wasn't given game time, why is he constantly played and his performances don't deserve a game I don't understand.

When Stones played badly he wasn't given game time, why is he constantly played and his performances don't deserve a game I don't understand.

You also couldn't understand why Bernardo kept getting game time and thought Palmer should be picked ahead of him, but 2 months later Bernardo has played his way back into form.

A very poor Sterling still puts the frighteners up the opposition , he takes two defenders out of the game every time he gets the ball and he can be having an awful game and will still come up with a goal , that is a sign of a truly great player. We shouldnt under estimate how good Raheem is , he is going through a tough period and he looks knackered but he is far too good a player for his current form to continue.

A very poor Sterling still puts the frighteners up the opposition , he takes two defenders out of the game every time he gets the ball and he can be having an awful game and will still come up with a goal , that is a sign of a truly great player. We shouldnt under estimate how good Raheem is , he is going through a tough period and he looks knackered but he is far too good a player for his current form to continue.
Truly great is pushing it big time. He scores plenty of goals and gives us pace that we lack without him. We don’t actually see him use his pace much because he can’t dribble down the outside of anyone whilst on the left but it does give teams something to worry about. Looks better in flashes on the right and now Phil is playing so well from left Sterling gets a run of games on the right and begins to rediscover his confidence and form.

Sane, Laporte, Bernardo, even Foden at times seemed to be immediately benched after an indifferent game or two. Others, however, continue to be continually selected even after an indifferent month or two.
Every teacher has both his pets and his scapegoats

Truly great is pushing it big time. He scores plenty of goals and gives us pace that we lack without him. We don’t actually see him use his pace much because he can’t dribble down the outside of anyone whilst on the left but it does give teams something to worry about. Looks better in flashes on the right and now Phil is playing so well from left Sterling gets a run of games on the right and begins to rediscover his confidence and form.
Great posts his scares teams, and he also closes down quickly like Foden and Bernardo which makes us look a better team. He has been off this year mind, but so have a lot. Onwards and upwards. Palace very tough match.

Sunday is huge for him I feel.

He’ll likely start and I want to see him on the right with Foden on the left.
I feel like Sterling works better on the right against teams that sit deep. With that Cancelo probably needs to play the inverted fullback/hybrid 8 position to be the link to get Sterling behind the defence. Sterling works better on the left IMO against teams that play more of an open game and we can get him the ball quickly in transition which he can cut in on his right foot to shoot. I expect Palace to sit deep and counter so yeah for this game hopefully Sterling on the right with Foden on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.