#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what you’re gonna get with Sterling. He works hard, stretches teams, will score some and will also miss some.
I like him as a player and he’s very important to the team
At Old Trafford last week for example, he didn’t have a great game, but still turned the ball over on the wing to create the chance that KDB hit the post with, created another one for Mahrez I think and won the free from which Stones scored.
One criticism I have of his is sometimes he needs to take his man on more. He seemed reluctant to take on fat boy Shaw last week for example and Wan Bissaka last month at OT.
He starts in our full strength team for the biggest games every time though

Find posts about Sterling too positive tbh.
He is one of a few where the progress has stalled. His technique is debatable and his pace seems to have gone backwards.

Yes he is important for the team. Not so playing like he has been for the last few months. And what seems to be forgotten: when will he score vs United and Liverpool? Big players score in big games.

Find posts about Sterling too positive tbh.
He is one of a few where the progress has stalled. His technique is debatable and his pace seems to have gone backwards.

Yes he is important for the team. Not so playing like he has been for the last few months. And what seems to be forgotten: when will he score vs United and Liverpool? Big players score in big games.
Not sure United is a big team tbh, they have been shite for years and only just started to pick momentum this season and we cannot judge greatness with only one season.

Not sure United is a big team tbh, they have been shite for years and only just started to pick momentum this season and we cannot judge greatness with only one season.
I think you will find the majority of Cityfans wanting Sterling to score vs the rags. Big team or no big team.

The frustration with Raz is that his movement , pace and work rate are world class and get him into fantastic positions . But his basic technique of first touch, passing and finishing are his Achilles heal that stand out much more in a technical team like ours . I also feel he is better on the right much more instinctive in his play on that side .

The frustration with Raz is that his movement , pace and work rate are world class and get him into fantastic positions . But his basic technique of first touch, passing and finishing are his Achilles heal that stand out much more in a technical team like ours . I also feel he is better on the right much more instinctive in his play on that side .
The point about technique is spot on. For a lad playing at the level he does he struggles to kick the ball cleanly a lot of the time, which is amazing really. He does a lot of things well, defensively he contributes greatly for a forward, but when top players have a bad patch, which they all do, they can usually still rely on great technique, Raheem can’t, which makes him look even more out of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.