#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must confess when I saw him call rnk on the freekick I went mental, something along the lines of

"I'm sick of him using his seniority to take set pieces he should be nowhere near based on ability, Pep needs to lay down the law and tell him he's not to be anywhere near set pieces"

Shut me right up. Superb finish. I'll be saying the same thing next time he takes one though.

I said at halftime how we needed him on the right, Pep makes the switch and wihhin 3 minutes he's done more than he did in the entirety of the first half. Even if nothing comes directly from him just the fact that the left back, left centre back and left midfielder all need to be worried about the space behind them tenfold when he's on the right creates room for the rest to play, keep him on the right!

He's back!!

Complete over reaction to his performances this season after the penalty miss the other night
Not sure it was an overreaction as his all round game had been poor for ages. Tonight from the start he looked sharp and then topped it off with a great goal.

It’s a start... he wasn’t actually particularly great outside a nice cross field ball for de Bruyne and the free kick.

I did cheer his goal (despite it being a late fourth of four) louder and punched the air harder than the other three goals though. Buzzing for him and hopefully he can kick in from that.

Thought Raheem played well tonight and hopefully that goal will give him confidence for the rest of the season. Absolutely belting free kick, just needs to improve his penalty kicks.

Yep. Bluemoon loves to rag on City players.

Mahrez, Rodri, Jesus, and Sterling are the current selection.

Players get praised when they play well and criticised when they do not , i dont agree with name calling and abuse , calling players shit , useless , etc. is unacceptable , i dont think any of our players give less than 100% so personal abuse can be left to the children on here , the matchday thread is an excellent example it has an unbelievable amount of mard arses and best avoided.

Hopefully that boosts his confidence.

A confident Sterling = World class,
An unconfident Sterling = Championship player

Last 3 premier league seasons he’s scored 17,18,20 and he’s currently on 5 so rightly so he has been getting criticised. He’s set the bar high last few seasons and if he drops way below that obviously it’s going to get pointed out. He’s one of our biggest players so the pressure is on to deliver, hopefully the goal tonight will kick him on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.