#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because his movement off the ball and positional awareness is world class - with Pep’s coaching. He finds himself in all the right places - very rarely will you sit and watch and think why didn’t Sterling make that run?

The issue is he hasn’t got the composure or touch to capitalise on the chances he finds at his feet. It’s like a hunter who can track and stalk game better than anyone, but can’t aim a weapon to save their life - they’ll find themselves in the right place but they’ll miss their mark unless they’re within 2 yards. And of course he gets goals, but if you take enough shots from the positions he works, you’re bound to score; he just isn’t the level of clinical we need - he could be a 30 goal a season player if he had the full skill set.

It’s the most frustrating thing to watch as a fan, considering how the rest of the team seems to be set up perfectly. If we had an Mbappe - or dare I say it if we’d been able to keep Sane - someone with a good touch and some composure, coupled with that positional awareness, I think we’d be sweeping anyone and everyone aside.

You give Sterling Mahrez’s touch and technique, to go with his movement and commitment, and you have the £150m player the press assumed we had 2 years ago. The Euros will be interesting - will he be shown up or will he play a blinder and leave us even more frustrated?

Oh i agree completely, if he had Mahrez technique he would be a top 3 player in the world.

Despite Mahrez have 10x better technique than him, Sterling is still a better, more impactful player for us who regularly contributes to us winning games.

Here is the list of players i would say are as good or better than him in world football as a left winger:

Neymar,
Hazard (if he gets fit and to top form)
Mane
Son

Do people want us to spend £100m on a debatable upgrade for one of these players?

Oh i agree completely, if he had Mahrez technique he would be a top 3 player in the world.

Despite Mahrez have 10x better technique than him, Sterling is still a better, more impactful player for us who regularly contributes to us winning games.

Here is the list of players i would say are as good or better than him in world football as a left winger:

Neymar,
Mane
Son

Do people want us to spend £100m on a debatable upgrade for one of these players?
Sterling probably won't be sold he will probably stay until his contract ends and then go to New York City FC in the MLS.

Sterling and Mahrez are both inconsistent , Mahrez does scoring and assisting but Sterling does mostly scoring and get the odd assist. But recently they are less greedy in my opinion.

Neymar,
Mane
Son

I’d also take Sterling over Mahrez every day of the week - one works their socks off (even if they can’t manipulate a ball the way a world class professional should be able to) and one chips in with 15 minute efforts every few games. If Mahrez had a different attitude - you’d have a very different choice.

I’d throw Grealish, Coman and Sané into that mix as well - though the later is academic as I think bridges are smouldering ash at this point.

Grealish has been VERY impressive - I didn’t expect him to progress like he has - and imagine that progress under Pep while he fanboys over KDB like we all do.

Sterling probably won't be sold he will probably stay until his contract ends and then go to New York City FC in the MLS.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.