#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling has one of the best work-rates i've ever seen. Off the ball, HE'S PERFECT. He's aways in the best positions and make the right moviments.

The problem is: with the ball on his feet, he's a Brighton player level. (That's not a joke)
People talk a lot about his stats but forget that no team in the world played in a more offensive way that City for the last 4 years. Also, doesnt matter how bad Sterling form is, he'll start every game of the season and will play every minute unless he's injured or feeling some discomfort.

This sequence shows some of the reasons Sterling is not a world class winger (as his professional debut was 8 seasons ago and he's still didnt learned the basics, he probably will never do):
As I said before, he aways in the right place to receive the ball and make the right moviment:
View attachment 4426

He's super fast. No defender can challenge him:
View attachment 4427

There's a defender close to him (he noticed that). The best choice would be to follow the yellow line and shoot with his left leg (so the defender cant block the ball). He chose to follow the red line and lose the ball to the defender:
View attachment 4430
View attachment 4431

I know WC players make dumb mistakes sometimes, but Sterling does too much often. He makes big mistakes most of the times he has a good chance to score. A WC should at least control the basics most of the time.

As comparison, I'm gonna use 3 players: 2 of them were academy players not too long ago and the third one is an offensive RB.

For ball-control I would rate:
Foden as 8.5 out of 10
Torres 8
Cancelo 7.5
How much u think Sterling deserves?

Shooting:
Foden 8
Torres 8
Cancelo 7.5
Sterling ?

Passing:
Foden 8
Torres 8
Cancelo 7.5
Sterling ?

Take-ons:
Foden 8
Torres 8.5
Cancelo 8
Sterling ?

Can a player be considered WC based only on his stats when her technical skills says the opposite?

I know this is a long a** text some are not looking for so my bad hehe

It's part technical, and the fact if he followed the yellow line he'd have to shoot on his left and doesn't trust himself, whereas if that was on the opposite flank where he belonged he'd have at least got a shot away, he's playing on the wrong for his level of technical ability. Torres needs to play over there.

Sterling has one of the best work-rates i've ever seen. Off the ball, HE'S PERFECT. He's aways in the best positions and make the right moviments.

The problem is: with the ball on his feet, he's a Brighton player level. (That's not a joke)
People talk a lot about his stats but forget that no team in the world played in a more offensive way that City for the last 4 years. Also, doesnt matter how bad Sterling form is, he'll start every game of the season and will play every minute unless he's injured or feeling some discomfort.

This sequence shows some of the reasons Sterling is not a world class winger (as his professional debut was 8 seasons ago and he's still didnt learned the basics, he probably will never do):
As I said before, he aways in the right place to receive the ball and make the right moviment:
View attachment 4426

He's super fast. No defender can challenge him:
View attachment 4427

There's a defender close to him (he noticed that). The best choice would be to follow the yellow line and shoot with his left leg (so the defender cant block the ball). He chose to follow the red line and lose the ball to the defender:
View attachment 4430
View attachment 4431

I know WC players make dumb mistakes sometimes, but Sterling does too much often. He makes big mistakes most of the times he has a good chance to score. A WC should at least control the basics most of the time.

As comparison, I'm gonna use 3 players: 2 of them were academy players not too long ago and the third one is an offensive RB.

For ball-control I would rate:
Foden as 8.5 out of 10
Torres 8
Cancelo 7.5
How much u think Sterling deserves?

Shooting:
Foden 8
Torres 8
Cancelo 7.5
Sterling ?

Passing:
Foden 8
Torres 8
Cancelo 7.5
Sterling ?

Take-ons:
Foden 8
Torres 8.5
Cancelo 8
Sterling ?

Can a player be considered WC based only on his stats when her technical skills says the opposite?

I know this is a long a** text some are not looking for so my bad hehe
You could have just posted he is shite

Raheem just need to work on his finishing touches 1v1, he will be closest thing to Messi.

Raheem Sterling's passionate calls for football to address the lack of black representation in positions of power have helped inspire the launch of the FA's new Football Leadership Diversity Code, with over 40 clubs pledging to introduce hiring targets.

Sterling seems to be motering along - frustrating at times when he misses - spectacular world-class finishes after beating one or more defenders at other times.

Far, far better at finishing now than in the past - and perhaps will only get better as he ages.

Played better tonight, being on the right - didn’t have to cut in and work it onto his right foot half as much. The footwork, getting into the penalty area, in the first half just looked cleaner and more natural from that side. Keep him on the right.

Top player, will never be aesthetically pleasing but his numbers speak for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.