#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, he is the best RW in the world. He played RW, ST, LW with his manager changing his position and his team mates all the time. When we had a stable front 3 of him, Sane and Aguero, he delivered. Game after game.
He has the potential to be a top class RW in a really top side, as we saw in 17/18. However, as the side has regressed, which we clearly have over the past 18 months, he has regressed at an even faster rate than those around him. Now, some of that could be put down to him being on the left but that doesn’t excuse his apparent inability to now beat a man, or retain possession. You can’t be world class, if you give the ball away every time you get it.

He had a bad game but that's no need to write him off. Although we've been here before.

Did play a nice little ball into Gundogan in the area and his movement was generally good. But obviously he needs to do more.

It really winds me up how many tippy tappy touches he needs before deciding what to do next with the ball. A certain top class left winger would have been licking his lips at the thought of going at Milner for the last half hour.

He had a bad game but that's no need to write him off. Although we've been here before.

Did play a nice little ball into Gundogan in the area and his movement was generally good. But obviously he needs to do more.

Exactly, we have been there before too many times.

I have said for some time we cannot really cater for him and Jesus in a first XI. Jesus contributes more and is less costly in terms of pivotal moments being cocked up...though todays header was a bad one.

Maybe its time to look at offloading Sterling and bring in a couple of players who can finish. Out of position, tired, there is always an excuse for him. Good player yes but good enough to play in the kind of team the club wants? I really am not sure he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.