#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight should have been left on the bench,that cameo was intended to boost his confidence with the opportunity of a goal chance against a knackered defence........yikes.....talk about backfired.

Something needs sorting where this kid is concerned,it just aint happening and there are far more deserving and in form players ready to step into his International boots.That might be a decision that will do him good......a decent opportunity to recover and rediscover himself.

He really needs to step his game up because at this rate he might not make the euros, which in the long run might be good for him because he would fight like walker did to get back into the england squad

He needs to be told, in no uncertain terms, to “SHOOT THE FUCKING BALL ANY CHANCE YOU GET IN AND AROUND THE BOX!”

Sadly, I think he sees what Mahrez, Bernardo, Foden et al can do with the ball at their feet and thinks that’s what he should do?!

One thing I know for certain, Franny Lee would have either broken the net or the keepers face from that range with that chance! And if anyone had said a word about pulling it back, he’d have to them to “Fuck off!”

As I said about a week or so ago, it is in those 2 seconds where a forward lives and breathes or dies. Sterling is committing career suicide with his current (in)decision making.
This.....nothing more

he got the tough love of being benched, now its time to give him confidence and let him play through it, city needs him, hes the fastest player in the team. just needs to get out of his own head
Cup final, semi finals.... This definitely isn't the time to let him play his way into form. Maybe this time on the bench is the break he needs?

Maybe I'd start him against Chelsea depending on how much last night took out of Phil and mahrez, but I doubt he's got a prayer of starting against psg on current form

I'm beginning to think he wants a move.
Last nights refusal to shoot on sight looks more and more a tactic.
Form can come and go. Confidence can be an issue. I just think there is more to it than that.
Stay in form and his price remains high. Miss a few sitters and look low in confidence and it gives City a reason to consider offers.
He has said he wants to live in London. Maybe this is his only way to make this happen.
I accept it could all be bollocks, but the longer this goes on, the more i believe it...

Yips​

The yips is the colloquial term for a sudden and unexplained loss of skills in experienced athletes. Symptoms of the yips are losing fine motor skills and psychological issues that impact on the muscle memory & decision making of the player which creates a failure to perform basic skills of the sport. Common treatments undertaken by athletes include clinical Sport psychology therapy as well as refocusing attention on the underlying biomechanics of their physical actions. The impact varies widely. A yips event may last a short time before the athlete regains their composure or it can require longer term adjustments to technique before recovery occurs. The worst cases are those where the athlete does not recover at all, forcing the player to abandon the sport at the highest level.
Originally coined by golfer Tommy Armour to describe a sudden and inexplicable loss of the ability to putt correctly, the term has later been broadened to apply to any unexplained loss of skill, and has been applied to athletes in a wide variety of sports.

Something needs sorting where this kid is concerned,it just aint happening and there are far more deserving and in form players ready to step into his International boots.That might be a decision that will do him good......a decent opportunity to recover and rediscover himself.

Problem is at 26 he's not a kid any more, is he? I'm now seriously worried about him. He had a wonderful season for us in 2017-18, and he's frankly been some way off that level since. I like to say form is temporary, class is permanent, but this is now looking like a loss of form and class. John has come back magnificently from what looked like the dead, so you continue to hope. But I'm now in the weird position of hoping that he has a good-to-excellent Euro and that that kick starts his domestic form. If he's picked regularly for England, that is. Because younger players are now jostling behind him.

Might be a blessing in disguise that he didnt score that chance. Extra motivation to score and impress v Chelsea as im sure he'll start that one and be itching to get back in contention for the biggest run in, in PL history.

Might be a blessing in disguise that he didnt score that chance. Extra motivation to score and impress v Chelsea as im sure he'll start that one and be itching to get back in contention for the biggest run in, in PL history.
Its a huge game,i'm of the opinion he isn't in a frame of mind to handle it,and we can't afford passengers as Chelsea will punish us.A shame as a couple of last nights players could do with a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.