#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling is the same situation that John Stones had found himself in for the last couple of season. I am not saying it isn't not down to him to knuckle down, but he is a very good example of what can be achieved in terms of completely turning it around amongst us lot.

He needs to buy a big fuck off Doberman that looks like it will eat your kids as soon as look at them. That'll sort his form out.

john stones is case and point, the last 3 years tell you everything you need to know about player happiness and form, Sterling will get his new deal(as he deserves) and his form will return.

you can also add Bernardo for the last 18 months if you need a second example....
What does he deserve because no way does he deserve anywhere near £300 grand a week for utter shite performance. I wish my boss gave me a pay rise for being shit at my job but no I would be out the door and rightly so .

He needs to buy a big fuck off Doberman that looks like it will eat your kids as soon as look at them. That'll sort his form out.
Maybe that will sort some his off the field problems, but he needs to totally regain his focus which will not happen overnight. Just like Stones there is a place for him in the team.

Reactions: TFC
All footballers generally follow a life cycle wrt their ability ( improving, plateud & declining) and I posed this question earlier to BS, but can only assume he missed it.

In terms of Sterling, where do people see him as of today?

Well thats just not true, players have form because their people not machines....this isn't football manager where they play the same season after season

Hes only 26, he hasn't plateud because he's having a poor half season

Some players peak when their teens, some players peak then collapse then peak again, some don't really become their best until their into their 30s

Where is Sterling now? he's out of form but has the mentality and ability to become a key player for us again, or he doesn't hit those heights and indeed has peaks

But we won't know and people wanting to sell him because of his recent form are (in my opinion) short minded and the same people who wanted us to sell Gundogan/Mahrez for being useless despite both have been key players for us this season

What does he deserve because no way does he deserve anywhere near £300 grand a week for utter shite performance. I wish my boss gave me a pay rise for being shit at my job but no I would be out the door and rightly so .
If he is offered more it will be based on what he has done over his contract, but more relevantly what value the club place on what they think he can acheive over the coming years. Either way his offer won't be based on a knee jerk reaction to current form. Which is why the club is well run.

I just think you can have conversations without completely losing your heads, especially as this season could be our most successful ever under Guardiola. It's hardly a moment to be angry in the way so many seem to be (and not just about Sterling although he's obviously the most high profile case).

It's been an unprecedented season for the players because of COVID, no real rest last summer and no real pre season. Nobody has hit ridiculous heights. The best we've had is individuals having purple patches (Cancelo and Gundo in particular), but most of our success has been about the collective rather than individual brilliance.

None of that is to say that Sterling's form hasn't been particularly bad, that's obvious. But there's a wider context that everyone at the club will be aware of.

Clearly plenty of people can't comment without losing their heads and it's a shame. I've only actually looked at your post on the recent part of this thread and have no intention of bothering with other ones.

I just wanted to comment that Sterling's form has spiralled downward but the issue for me is why? I feel for Raz because he has shown that he is capable of much more and over an extended period. Sure he is the kind of player who will always frustrate at times but he has been a very important player for Pep and is only 26, so what Raz needs is time, and support from everyone at City to get back to his best form and to improve on that.

Something is ailing Raz, be it mental, physical or both and I just hope he and those around him can work through it and have him come out the other side. Maybe it literally is just a good rest; I don't know but I do know that I want him to turn it around at City.

Well thats just not true, players have form because their people not machines....this isn't football manager where they play the same season after season

Hes only 26, he hasn't plateud because he's having a poor half season

Some players peak when their teens, some players peak then collapse then peak again, some don't really become their best until their into their 30s

Where is Sterling now? he's out of form but has the mentality and ability to become a key player for us again, or he doesn't hit those heights and indeed has peaks

But we won't know and people wanting to sell him because of his recent form are (in my opinion) short minded and the same people who wanted us to sell Gundogan/Mahrez for being useless despite both have been key players for us this season
Of course they have a life cycle. They start off as kids and improve, they then reach their ceiling before starting to decline, either through age, injury or other factors.

Not sure why you went down the people wanting to sell route in response to my question.

The guy is done. Even at his best he had the propensity to miss chance after chance. At his worst he's utterly invisible and serves only to give the ball away. Hopefully he proves me wrong but i just dont see it...at least not with us.

Sad times really...shades of aaron lennon.

Last edited:
Read somewhere this morning Madrid sniffing around,his heads been turned.

From a city point of view that would be a great resolution but for the lad himself a move to Madrid would destroy him. I don’t think there is much chance Madrid stumping up a decent fee or paying the wages so it’s very unlikely. The club are in a awkward situation but if he doesn’t improve from being gash and return back to being generally inconsistent then he must realise his value wages wise will drop.

The guy is done. Even at his best he had the propensity to miss chance after chance. At his worst he's utterly invisible and serves only to give the ball away. Hopefully he proves me wrong but i just dont see it...at least not with us.

Sad times really...shades of aaron lennon.
Hang your head as you said everyone else should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.