#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right in that he has contributed goals and assists this season, but don't you think someone with better footballing ability would contribute more, thus strengthening the team further?

Exactly,assists and goals are obviously fantastic but that ignores the build up,the interaction,the fluidity and the cohesion prior.....all of these things that other players do better and would make us a more solid and effective team.

Love him but he is not working hard enough at the moment, start defending more, create for others and he will soon lose his man markers

You're right in that he has contributed goals and assists this season, but don't you think someone with better footballing ability would contribute more, thus strengthening the team further?
Well you want both really. It's like the striker discussion, Haaland would take away from the fluidity but he scores goals. The debate is the same with De Bruyne, we're more fluid without him but he's such a good direct option that you can look past it. Then on the flipside having players like Jesus and Bernardo to complement them gives you that range.

Sterling gives us very important variety. There are things he does nobody else in our team can currently do.

Our squad is brimming with absolutely top quality players. Jack Harrison isn't close to being one of those. What we lack are players who are prolific goalscorers, regardless of their overall form. Sterling has been the closest thing to that since Aguero stopped playing and so I don't see much sense in wanting rid of him currently.

Our squad is brimming with absolutely top quality players. Jack Harrison isn't close to being one of those. What we lack are players who are prolific goalscorers, regardless of their overall form. Sterling has been the closest thing to that since Aguero stopped playing and so I don't see much sense in wanting rid of him currently.
Yeah when it comes to players that can play the City way, the bar is rather high. Look how long it's taken a player like Mahrez to hit his stride, and he's levels above Harrison. It's a different ball game at City. I'm not doubting Harrison is a good player, but would people be patient with what would likely be two really ugly years before he truly settles?

Certainly a penalty but, as said so many times on here before, no-one sits up when he’s through on goal. He’s going to miss.

Well you want both really. It's like the striker discussion, Haaland would take away from the fluidity but he scores goals. The debate is the same with De Bruyne, we're more fluid without him but he's such a good direct option that you can look past it. Then on the flipside having players like Jesus and Bernardo to complement them gives you that range.

Sterling gives us very important variety. There are things he does nobody else in our team can currently do.
We know that :)

I never mentioned Jack Harrison, so not sure why you quoted him. Why cannot a more technically gifted player be as prolific individually or making the team more prolific?

Certainly a penalty but, as said so many times on here before, no-one sits up when he’s through on goal. He’s going to miss.

I am sure most people expected no goal from that move when they saw he was through even if he got a shot off. He probably rather get fouled than shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.