#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol,you whinge when people criticise and now whinge when they don't.....brilliant!
Well I know its hard for some people to comprehend, but people could post positive comments. So how is he exactly whinging that people arent criticizing?

Judging by the comments sections in some of the media Raz has stoked new levels of hatred and bitterness with that goal. I swear some of them wanted him to miss that chance just to validate their bile.
It's no myth that he's universally disliked amongst fans of all other teams in England.
Last night I was in a bar which had fans from most teams in the Premier league and they actually cheered when he was subbed. I mean, the fucking state of it, the lad who has secured England's qualification to the knock out stages, who's scored our only goals is still getting abuse from the dim witted cunts.

Judging by the comments sections in some of the media Raz has stoked new levels of hatred and bitterness with that goal. I swear some of them wanted him to miss that chance just to validate their bile.
It is very strange. I will be the first to say he was shit last season but he’s been a great signing for city. People need to remember covid also hit last season & effected everybody.

England would be out of euro if it wasn’t for his 2 goals.

I wouldn’t be surprised if raz went to Barca to be honest & said screw you uk.

It's no myth that he's universally disliked amongst fans of all other teams in England.
Last night I was in a bar which had fans from most teams in the Premier league and they actually cheered when he was subbed. I mean, the fucking state of it, the lad who has secured England's qualification to the knock out stages, who's scored our only goals is still getting abuse from the dim witted cunts.

He's the boo boy still that's for sure. Other players can come on and do fuck all but Sterling will be the one criticised even if he scores. No one gave him any credit for his goal. The commentators spent the whole time concentrating on Saka and Grealish seeming to forget that Sterling peeled off to the back post to get his head on the ball. Sterling. Scoring a header... not bad for someone so small!

His movement deserves great credit. He hit the post when he lobbed the keeper but no other player in this England side makes the run to get into that position. He was playing wide left against Croatia yet bursts down the middle into space to score his goal. Movement like that is why he is such a great player. His end product is always questionable. He's not got the greatest technique and he often takes far too many touches. But he still gets into good positions and no one else has scored for England in this tournament so he deserves some credit.

I thought Saka was very good. He would take one or two touches to push the ball away from the defender and then burst past them. That's what Sterling needs to look at. He too often will take several touches which allows a defender to steal the ball back. He has so much pace he just needs to control it and knock it past them.

He's the boo boy still that's for sure. Other players can come on and do fuck all but Sterling will be the one criticised even if he scores. No one gave him any credit for his goal. The commentators spent the whole time concentrating on Saka and Grealish seeming to forget that Sterling peeled off to the back post to get his head on the ball. Sterling. Scoring a header... not bad for someone so small!

His movement deserves great credit. He hit the post when he lobbed the keeper but no other player in this England side makes the run to get into that position. He was playing wide left against Croatia yet bursts down the middle into space to score his goal. Movement like that is why he is such a great player. His end product is always questionable. He's not got the greatest technique and he often takes far too many touches. But he still gets into good positions and no one else has scored for England in this tournament so he deserves some credit.

I thought Saka was very good. He would take one or two touches to push the ball away from the defender and then burst past them. That's what Sterling needs to look at. He too often will take several touches which allows a defender to steal the ball back. He has so much pace he just needs to control it and knock it past them.
Not aimed at Sterling, but you appear to be saying great players have a questionable end product, not the greatest technique and take too many touches?

Plus where was Saka when Sterling hit the post? Not following up, just in case - just daydreaming.

I noticed the commentator stated that Sterling only had two goals for City at the end of the season. He also stated that Sterling had only one goal for England in however many games (before he scored last night). No other player received criticism from the commentator.

I don't think Sterling is anywhere near his best but from what I recall these are all of the good chances England have had from open play so far:

1. Croatia - Sterling feeds Foden who hits the post

2. Croatia - Goal scored by Sterling

3. Croatia - Harry Kane misses late on at the back post, don't know who crossed it but don't think it was Sterling.

4. Scotland - Sterling crosses to Mount who missed from 6 yards out

Other than some long shots and the scramble in the box against Scotland I cannot remember anything else from open play.

So even with his shit control and running into dead ends etc he is still the most effective attacking player.

To update this

5. Czechs - Sterling hits post

6. Czechs - Sterling scored from Grealish cross

7. Czechs - Kane misses chance after Maguire pass

Carried England through the group's with his goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.