#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Whoever England play in the last-16, which player do you think the opposition coach will spend most time telling his defenders to deal with? The forwards who keep dropping deep and exchanging passes 50 yards from goal, or the winger who constantly runs beyond the last defenders and unsettles the defensive line? England’s next opponents would be celebrating in the dressing room before kick-off if the team sheet ever materialised and Sterling’s name was not on it. I am not sure that is true at this moment of any other player in the squad."

Strong words from Carragher in a gushing article:

It's behind a paywall I think.

His movement and intelligence isn’t matched by any other player in world football. If he worked on his technique, he’d be the best winger in the world and it wouldn’t even be close. Just needs to cut out them awkward moments he gets on the left side when he doesn’t know if to cut back or shoot with his left. We saw that to many times last season and it’s the reason a lot of City fans had grown tired of seeing him in the starting eleven.

His movement and intelligence isn’t matched by any other player in world football. If he worked on his technique, he’d be the best winger in the world and it wouldn’t even be close. Just needs to cut out them awkward moments he gets on the left side when he doesn’t know if to cut back or shoot with his left. We saw that to many times last season and it’s the reason a lot of City fans had grown tired of seeing him in the starting eleven.
we have changed the way we play to cover for no striker , it doesnt suit him really , when we get a striker we will change again , he is still a very good player as he is showing

It was generic rather than player specific. Someone with the failings listed isn't imo a great player. Effective, but not great.

I get where you're coming from. One of the things I love about this sport is that greatness comes in all forms, all shapes and sizes. Walker isn't a great technical player, for example, but he's a key part of our team because of his other attributes.

I've said it before, but if Sterling had Foden's technique he'd scored 40+ goals a season. And if Foden had Sterling's movement, he'd do the same.

It's no myth that he's universally disliked amongst fans of all other teams in England.
Last night I was in a bar which had fans from most teams in the Premier league and they actually cheered when he was subbed. I mean, the fucking state of it, the lad who has secured England's qualification to the knock out stages, who's scored our only goals is still getting abuse from the dim witted cunts.
I couldn't watch football I was interested in in a bar, because of exactly those idiots.

I couldn't watch football I was interested in in a bar, because of exactly those idiots.
My interest was pretty minimal tbf! Don’t know if it’s the same in the U.K. but there’s definitely a lot of angry old men over here who still boo the knee and pull their faces if the Sun has sold out..

My interest was pretty minimal tbf! Don’t know if it’s the same in the U.K. but there’s definitely a lot of angry old men over here who still boo the knee and pull their faces if the Sun has sold out..
I'm sure it's the same here in certain pubs, but luckily I've no great interest in going in that sort of pub these days.

I'm sure it's the same here in certain pubs, but luckily I've no great interest in going in that sort of pub these days.
Without tourists they’re the only fuckers putting money in my tills for now so I have to let them crack on! Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.