#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling has been the stand out player for England so far , which will bode well for his confidence for next season but maybe he should wind his neck in referring to any England trophy would mean so much more to him , if Pep hadnt taken Sterling under his wing and developed him into a decent player in our blue shirt ,he wouldnt have a dozen medals and the plaudits he has received. He's coming across as a bit of an uungrateful f*cker over his lack of playing time etc., he didnt play because Mahrez and Foden were in form and far better and he was playing very poorly , he might be good enough to get in a Southgate team missing chances and stumbling through the opposition , but it is nt good enough for a superior Pep/City team.

Sterling has been the stand out player for England so far , which will bode well for his confidence for next season but maybe he should wind his neck in referring to any England trophy would mean so much more to him , if Pep hadnt taken Sterling under his wing and developed him into a decent player in our blue shirt ,he wouldnt have a dozen medals and the plaudits he has received. He's coming across as a bit of an uungrateful f*cker over his lack of playing time etc., he didnt play because Mahrez and Foden were in form and far better and he was playing very poorly , he might be good enough to get in a Southgate team missing chances and stumbling through the opposition , but it is nt good enough for a superior Pep/City team.
I must have missed this, is there a link ?

I must have missed this, is there a link ?

To be fair, I agree with him. For most City fans, winning the league in 2012 would probably top England winning anything, but the best players expect to win cups and leagues. Winning a trophy with England is much rarer.

They almost certainly grew up as England fans too, and remain England fans - whereas most players don't play for the clubs they supported as kids, and will move around during their careers, further diluting/mixing up their allegiances.

He's not being critical of City by suggesting that winning the Euros with England would be the highpoint of his career.

If you polled the squad I think you'd get a pretty nasty shock if you think International trophies are less important than any single club trophy.

Quite apart from the fact the tournament, and final, is right in Sterling's back yard, I'd be surprised if anyone except Foden valued a City medal more than winning their countries first tournament in 55 years.

What I don't understand is that I'm sure plenty of City players have said something similar over the years, I think even Vinny might have in 2016 about winning with Belgium, but it's only ever an issue if Sterling says it.

Same with the playing time thing - pretty much every player ever to be benched has trotted out the line that players want to play, but there seems to be this idea in your (and others) comments that Sterling should be grateful for his medals and game time at City as if he hasn't earned it or wasn't a massive part of winning them.

Sterling has been the stand out player for England so far

No he hasn't.That will be John Stones.

Sterling did brilliantly to get on the end of two great plays,and while his speed and movement has been excellent,his hold up play,along with his technique and passing,has been it's usual disappointing standard.
Overall,he is having an ok tournament,sitting firmly in the average mix,along with with half a dozen others.

always seems to be a few city fans ultra defensive of him and regardless of any performance will say he’s playing well. He’s not played great, if two goals is all it takes to win you over then fair enough. His general play has gone back to his early days with us which is frustrating. Fingers crossed the goals gives him that confidence to get back to where he was, which was one of the best about.

Im getting pissed off whilst on England duty keep mentioning city and not in a positive way. Winning for England will trump any city trophy? Maybe if the lad turned up in a champions league final that would be different. I remember years ago an interview with Ashley Cole where he said he’d rather win the fa cup with Chelsea than any England trophy. Might be why England didn’t win anything but how good to the club and fans who pay his wages. Sterling also saying after game one how there’s loads of reasons he’s not scoring for city. Shit attitude to us at the moment and maybe because he knows mahrez is better than him and Foden will be ten times the player he is. You’d think being selected for the CL final unwarranted would be enough for him to keep his mouth shut. Clearly not.

always seems to be a few city fans ultra defensive of him and regardless of any performance will say he’s playing well. He’s not played great, if two goals is all it takes to win you over then fair enough. His general play has gone back to his early days with us which is frustrating. Fingers crossed the goals gives him that confidence to get back to where he was, which was one of the best about.

Im getting pissed off whilst on England duty keep mentioning city and not in a positive way. Winning for England will trump any city trophy? Maybe if the lad turned up in a champions league final that would be different. I remember years ago an interview with Ashley Cole where he said he’d rather win the fa cup with Chelsea than any England trophy. Might be why England didn’t win anything but how good to the club and fans who pay his wages. Sterling also saying after game one how there’s loads of reasons he’s not scoring for city. Shit attitude to us at the moment and maybe because he knows mahrez is better than him and Foden will be ten times the player he is. You’d think being selected for the CL final unwarranted would be enough for him to keep his mouth shut. Clearly not.

I just get pissed off with precious "fans" like you who are super sensitive to what he has said when often it is based on bullshit from out of context quotes in the media or twisting his words if you've heard it first hand. Any stick to beat him with eh?

Forcing the fantasy narrative that his attitude to City is shit at the moment is just bollocks

No he hasn't.That will be John Stones.

Sterling did brilliantly to get on the end of two great plays,and while his speed and movement has been excellent,his hold up play,along with his technique and passing,has been it's usual disappointing standard.
Overall,he is having an ok tournament,sitting firmly in the average mix,along with with half a dozen others.
Of all the players in the City squad, the one who gets the least recognition of his consistent brilliance is John Stones. Even on Tuesday, my mate who knows his football, said "Stones is brilliant as long as you put the right partner beside him" which is the Ruben Dias effect.

For me Stones was as good as Dias this season for us, and he looks like England's best defender too. And I believe that is down to John Stones alone.

Of all the players in the City squad, the one who gets the least recognition of his consistent brilliance is John Stones. Even on Tuesday, my mate who knows his football, said "Stones is brilliant as long as you put the right partner beside him" which is the Ruben Dias effect.

For me Stones was as good as Dias this season for us, and he looks like England's best defender too. And I believe that is down to John Stones alone.
Nah, he can’t do it without slab head next to him ;-)

Its amazing sterling sterling has found his form by putting on a different shirt all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.