#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping you’d miss that, in a general bad mood about Southgate, on a the plus side, fish and chips are better than spaghetti vonegole. Was going to say Rashford but looks like he’s getting enough abuse.

Only if accompanied with curry sauce!

While I would've chosen Sterling to take a pen before Saka, he still wouldn't have been in my first 5 - and I'm not sure I believe anyone who says he'd have been in theirs, either. You can blame all of the senior players as a whole but there's no real reason to single out Sterling specifically (in my opinion Southgate is basically entirely to blame though). If he'd taken and missed everyone would be fuming and saying he had no business being in the first 5 based on his record. It is what it is.

While I would've chosen Sterling to take a pen before Saka, he still wouldn't have been in my first 5 - and I'm not sure I believe anyone who says he'd have been in theirs, either. You can blame all of the senior players and mainly Southgate but there's no real reason to single out Sterling specifically in my opinion. If he'd taken and missed everyone would be fuming and saying he had no business being in the first 5 based on his record. It is what it is.
Just pleased he didn't get to take one to spare him from the usual tbh :-(

It’s funny that people are now blaming Sterling for not stepping up and taking a penalty
Like just a mad shout out here but surely the England management had their penalty takers picked out before 10.30 tonight?
Its not as if they brought two lads on in the 129th minute just for that reason

Last edited:
You can’t supposedly carry the team through the tournament and then not take a penalty because you may miss and get some abuse.

Some of the criticism of Sterling is pathetic and OTT at times but so is the defence of him, it’s like fucking politics, there’s no middle ground, you either hate him for any slight thing he does or defend him for any slight thing he does or make excuses on why he’s doing nothing.

As a senior player who has “carried” the team through he should have taken one of the five penalties regardless of his previous record. It’s a pressured situation, nothing to do with abilities. One of the best penalty takers in world football missed one tonight ffs.
Managers choose the order H1tler.

There was a moment tonight where a one touch pass puts kane through and he dribbled because unless its finishing hes incapable of one touch anything. And in a nutshell thats why hes been so frustrating this season.

I remember saying back in May something like if he has a very good tournament his value will never be as high as it will be off the back of that. Well he had a better than very good tournament.

In my eyes if a big money bid comes in I'm saying yes without any hesitation but I don't see where that could come from. Any potential suitors either don't need him or can't afford him.

Spanish clubs are financially fucked, bayern don't need him, Italians won't pay the money, English clubs are automatically ruled out, the only even hint of potential is PSG but we're never going to do business with them, that position isn't a priority for them unless it's Mbappes replacement and I doubt sterling would be interested anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.