#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Sterling tends to play to the level of the team. I can’t think of many games where the team played poorly but he was great (unlike De Bruyne, for example).

He’s certainly scored some big goals in tight games for us down the years, particularly in 17/18. But he doesn’t take games by the neck as often as I would like.

But when we’re on song and the system is working he excels and is a very important part of the machine.

Seems a bit hit and miss lately.

Doesn't seem like he strikes fear into the oppositions fullbacks like when he was younger.

I said it last season and it’s becoming worse, he’s adapting his game too much. He wants to be involved and play balls that kdb/Foden/Bernardo play and as the only potential recipient of half of these balls due to being the only guy with pace upfront if he’s trying to play balls through there’s no receiver. Ideally he needs to get back on the right where he’s twice the player because he can actually kick the ball with his right foot but that seems incredibly unlikely so he needs to stop trying to be as involved with the buildup and get back to doing his own role

Most of the game was a shambles but I switched off after Sterling took an edge of the box free kick ahead of KDB. The guy can't kick a ball properly and should be nowhere near penalties and free kicks.

Never a central striker in a million years , Rodgers must have been rubbing his hands before kick off , he rips teams apart from wide positions , Pep is making a lot of mistakes at the moment and needs to get his act together and get back to his winning style of play.

Most of the game was a shambles but I switched off after Sterling took an edge of the box free kick ahead of KDB. The guy can't kick a ball properly and should be nowhere near penalties and free kicks.

That was a billy big balls move and KDB should have put him in his place. If Sterling was firing on all cylinders and looking a world-beater, I wouldnt be happy with that behaviour but ok. Don’t do fuck all for 85 mins and then give it the big I am and take free-kicks off your teammates, especially one that has more ability in his little toe than you will ever have.

Seems a bit hit and miss lately.

Doesn't seem like he strikes fear into the oppositions fullbacks like when he was younger.

Hit and miss for about 18 months but his goal return is fantastic. Don’t worry when we next beat a shower of shite 5-9 at home world class Raz will have at least 2 for his stats. A game like today though he’ll be shite and ineffective.

"Have never seen him take a game by the scruff of its neck and boss it"
tap ins always cover his catastrophic performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.