#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, great comment but what part of mine was wrong? His all round play is virtually nonexistent in most games. His movement is superb but apart from goals most of which are simple finishes but fair play his pace gets him in there he contributes next to nothing.
I often have the same thinking regarding Raheem,i label him with similar criticism.....but last night he worked harder than normal,he was attempting to put himself about more,and even got a couple of decent challenges in.He does need to learn to hold the ball up better,as he loses possession far to quickly on many occasions and we then end up on the back foot again.
Last night he was saddled with Mahrez,Gundogan and Aguero - none of who exactly like the dirty stuff,so maybe that contributed to your assessment that he offered little? But i genuinely thought he did better and tried harder than he has done previously.

Attacker should deliver goals and assists..

If we compare 17/18 Sterling and this season`s - two different players..

Played better with Sane..

I often have the same thinking regarding Raheem,i label him with similar criticism.....but last night he worked harder than normal,he was attempting to put himself about more,and even got a couple of decent challenges in.He does need to learn to hold the ball up better,as he loses possession far to quickly on many occasions and we then end up on the back foot again.
Last night he was saddled with Mahrez,Gundogan and Aguero - none of who exactly like the dirty stuff,so maybe that contributed to your assessment that he offered little? But i genuinely thought he did better and tried harder than he has done previously.
Yeah I agree his work rate was good but we’re so lacking in width these days and somebody to drive at teams he just really frustrates me. In fairness to him I think it’s pretty obvious he’s been told to play more central but it’s certainly not helping us return to our quick paced attacking best.

Wore the captain's armband the last two games and we got two wins. Can't complain.

Not gonna write about his on field much since we all have dissected his strengths and weaknesses. He's come a long way since signing. Voted as the vice captain with KDB (or 3rd captain I guess you can say) so seems like the players know his importance and how he's viewed in the locker room. Proud of him.

Yeah I agree his work rate was good but we’re so lacking in width these days and somebody to drive at teams he just really frustrates me. In fairness to him I think it’s pretty obvious he’s been told to play more central but it’s certainly not helping us return to our quick paced attacking best.
We looked far better with Foden and Torres on the pitch yesterday,suddenly there were sparks in the team and we were pushing up the pitch with great interplay,all things that bring the best out in Sterling.

Play the slugs together in midfield and you get what we saw in the first half - an unambitious,uninspiring,bore fest.

Attacker should deliver goals and assists..

If we compare 17/18 Sterling and this season`s - two different players..

Played better with Sane..
Are you saying Sterling doesn’t deliver goals and assists?

While I get that he lives to drop deep and drive at players, I think he shouldn't be involved in the buildup so much.

His focus should be goals and assists, let everyone else create for him.

Sterling looks like a player who thinks he as made it. Compare to KDB who isnt arsed about adverts etc and will run and drive until hes pink in the face, im sorry even as a staunch city fan I can't/dont believe sterlings hype. My first idol for city was Peter Barnes and yes he was flimsy in physic compared to todays well looked after players but he had 1 thought process....skin your full back and create havoc. Not look good and play it back for possesion safety bollocks blah blah

No problem with people saying his overall contribution can improve because I think that's true of all our players, especially over the last year or so.

Yer da's ramblings about his commitment and attitude are pretty much completely unfounded and show up every single season, regardless of what he actually does on the pitch.

There always seems to be something else at play when people share their views on Raheem. Maybe it's older supporters getting a bit too nostalgic about their youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.