#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most moves die at his feet. One, two, three touches and the chance is gone.
He never stops working so whilst he’s on the pitch he’s a threat.

Any forward worth his salt would thrive in our forward line and should score plenty. He's a winger first and foremost who seems to have lost all ability to take on and beat his man . We have managed 10 goals in 7 league games so far, not good enough on any level.

And Jesus, can he still not kick it, not shoot, not head it , etc and etc.
An idiot judges on single games, Sterling scored 30 + goals last season
We have scored 100 + goals, in previous seasons, you are very critical of our players, particularly hounding Jesus, and it makes you look like a fool, in some peoples eyes
Do you still think Gabriel Jesus is shite,?

And Jesus, can he still not kick it, not shoot, not head it , etc and etc.
An idiot judges on single games, Sterling scored 30 + goals last season
We have scored 100 + goals, in previous seasons, you are very critical of our players, particularly hounding Jesus, and it makes you look like a fool, in some peoples eyes
Do you still think Gabriel Jesus is shite,?
No .Nor do I think he'll ever post Kun like figures. we still need an out and out striker. As for looking like a fool, rightly or wrongly I'll give my assessement of players, It all needs to be taken in context, half the forum salvitating over Rodri against the greeks the other night, a different test today, one he failed miserably.

Needs to be on the right, running in behind and released into the space by kdb. Run on to balls to cross or strike.

that’s not his purpose on the left and his best attributes are wasted.

Needs a combination of a break and some competition. No matter what he does he knows hes starting, we have one other option in Torres who now probably starts RW each game.

I wish he would fuck the England games off for a break.

There’s a new documentary coming out soon on Raheem from the makers of that Barcelona/Pep one.

It’s called “Get The Ball, Lose The Ball”.

I think Raheem still holds a psychological fear when he plays the scousers - he rarely plays at his usual standards when he faces them. Last year it was his spat with Gomez, this year he just seemed tentative as if he was second guessing what to do. I think it's a mental thing but do understand it considering the truly hideous way their fans reacted to him leaving. Look no further than what happened with Pickford - death threats to his family and the like - sums them up. I hope to God we never become such a disgusting fan base as those on Merseyside. Raheem will be back to his best soon enough, nothing to worry about.

I think Raheem still holds a psychological fear when he plays the scousers - he rarely plays at his usual standards when he faces them. Last year it was his spat with Gomez, this year he just seemed tentative as if he was second guessing what to do. I think it's a mental thing but do understand it considering the truly hideous way their fans reacted to him leaving. Look no further than what happened with Pickford - death threats to his family and the like - sums them up. I hope to God we never become such a disgusting fan base as those on Merseyside. Raheem will be back to his best soon enough, nothing to worry about.
He plays like this regularly now, against anyone.

The odd good game, gets on the end of good moves and scores, and we all start to get a bit relieved he might be turning a corner. But then he’ll have five stinkers out of seven games on a rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.