#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To win the title or CL I think you have to have Aguero, Lewondoski, Haaland Bale if not a Ronaldo or Messi all of which of course have and will continue to miss the odd sitter but they all have a knack of not missing them in big big games, Sterling is not at that level.

The bottom line is we need from somewhere to find one if not two of that kind of players in order to continue to win things. Sterling is not that player and whilst we do not have that in the side and chances fall to him we are going to keep missing out because of him missing chances.

He was at his best in a side with an on form Aguero and Sane alongside him and maybe if we bring that quality in Sterling will once again thrive, much like it seems John Stones might given the quality he has to now compete with to get a game, strangely that does sometimes bring out the best in players.

I just dont think the lad is as good as many think not a player you turn too when things are not going well, a luxury player and even flat track bully who can look very good in a very good team.
I dont think this is true having that type of player helps of course but i think what is more important is just having a solid defence. We probably have more of a chance this season than before just because. I sort of agree with sterling missing too many big chances i think this wouldn't be as much of a problem if he wasn't playing as an inverted winger where all he offers is goals.

Took his goal well,but otherwise not at the races.

As for the penalty.......yes there was contact,but we really can't criticise any opposition players for going down too easily while Raheem is doing exactly that.

Needs to up his game,in a couple of ways.
We stay on our feet and don't get anything though

As for the penalty.......yes there was contact,but we really can't criticise any opposition players for going down too easily while Raheem is doing exactly that.

Seem he been watching old Francis Lee videos
Same technique..

One problem i do have is that,rather predictably,it seems as a result of his antics today......Sterling is being unfairly singled out by the media again.

Where is the fucking outrage when Fernandes,Grealish,and Salah etc. do it on a weekly basis?

It was an embarrassing collapse following minimal contact. If that were against us, we would be rightly livid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.