#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see,but surely that's expected and not exceptional?

Him losing the ball so frequently is why he comes in for so much criticism.
That's fair, I agree with your sentiment. Just liked to have pointed that out, because not too long ago, we have posters claiming him to be 'lazy'. Sterling lacks in alot of parts of his game, but I never thought effort is one of them.

His best game in a long while,his movement and directness was top class,even his aggression was a level above what had become his standard.
Still aspects need improving,such as his decision making and hold up play,but that was very much an encouraging performance;

8/10 and id play him against the Rags on the back of that.
He's been playing this way for a few weeks. There's been a noticeable change in his role recently where he no longer stops and pulls the ball back but he's aggressive and trying to create situations in the box. Of course he's gonna lose the ball more but he's also far more effective and his displays have been far better than the turgid stuff he was being asked to do earlier in the season.

i think the absolute best thing about playing sterling is the fear the opposition have when he has the ball, he attracts defenders and creates overloads / space elsewhere. we then use players like joao / kdb / gundog to spread the play and exploit these gaps.

not to mention that if he gets one on one he can be devastating in and around the box, scoring and creating goals and winning pens and free kicks. he starts every big game for me.

That's fair, I agree with your sentiment. Just liked to have pointed that out, because not too long ago, we have posters claiming him to be 'lazy'. Sterling lacks in alot of parts of his game, but I never thought effort is one of them.

Laziness was never fair,but i can see that his lack of conviction in certain situations might be portrayed by some as such.

Again,last night,the aggression was more apparent and he was all the better for it.

How do you reconcile to that when he has been hooked twice and, let's be kind and say, "rotated" twice in recent games.

He was much better last night, but to suggest this has been the norm for him recently, I just don't see that.

Yeah I agree with this. I was actually pretty shocked to see those stats posted (whoscored?) the other day trying to make out that he has been one of the best in the league over the last month or so.

He's been toss most of the time over the last month. Last night I saw the proper Raheem Sterling for the first time in a while and I think it does him a disservice to act like it's no better than he's been doing recently.

How do you reconcile to that when he has been hooked twice and, let's be kind and say, "rotated" twice in recent games.

He was much better last night, but to suggest this has been the norm for him recently, I just don't see that.
I think he had one poor game recently, the rest of them his performances have been consistently improving.

I think he had one poor game recently, the rest of them his performances have been consistently improving.
All about opinions. I think he has been poor, and not only recently.

Yesterday, was a marked improvement from what he has been showing. Lets hope he can replicate that every time now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.