#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Sterling and Mahrez were a constant menace last night. Mahrez getting the ball to feet and dribbling like it was glued to him and Sterling running in behind, dropping deep and just being all over the place to cause Wolves a headache.

Wolves wanted to keep their backs to goal and have us in front of them where they could stay solid but Sterling kept finding space to stretch them. Gabby also did that. And Mahrez just linked up with Bernardo and created havoc.

At 1-1 with not too long left, I'd usually be looking to the bench for Pep to make a change but I knew we had the right players on the pitch and just needed that quality in front of goal to take advantage.

I’m not denying that but going on past demeanours he’s not a dead cert to score from there

No one is.

17/18 - 19/20 League goals from shots/attempts in the 6 yard box:

Gabby 10 from 35
Raz 21 from 35
Kun 14 from 33

Of course that still depends on how big the chance was. I could check the xG on them but I already know (having looked at this generally before) that Aguero and Sterling will broadly be the same and Jesus quite a bit behind.

That is not to say Sterling is anywhere near Aguero's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.