#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time he gets the ball I just laugh now it’s been so long since he played like a top level player.
I really do think he will be moved on in the summer, perhaps a loan somewhere with us paying most of his wages

I asked for comparison last two years as he said grealish is a better player , is he ?

Different players doing different jobs, so any real comparison is going to be pretty arbitrary. Both generally very effective in terms of what they contribute to their respective teams. You want me to pick the more accomplished baller of the two (based on this season), I’d say Grealish

So have many others. Are they all world class too?
It’s a stellar point. Every world class team has role players that aren’t world class. In fact very few teams have more than 6-7 world class players. There’s no shame in not being world class.

Raz was here, in a team with genuine world class players like David/Sergio/Kompany, when Pep arrived. He was the young kid with heaps of potential. Pep took him under his wing, tutored him, and built a team that played to Raz’s strengths. He might not have been the focal point, with the team solely built around him, but it worked for the team and Raz.

We’ve had to adapt as the Davids, Yayas and Kompanys have moved on, and the team dynamic has shifted. We were quick and broke at pace incredibly in the past few seasons, Sane came in to replace Nasri, and Sterling’s game elevated even further.

It seems to me that Raz put out world class numbers in a team that played to those strengths of his, which are world class. Speed and movement off the ball.

We have a team now that is more defensively sound and balanced. Do we continue to try shoe horn him in, and try to play to his strengths where we can, in the hope that he can elevate his game?* Or do we accept that he doesn’t fit the starting 11, how Pep wants to play, and he should maybe be a player for particular circumstances? I’d rather start Phil.

Raz is a player that was the beneficiary of circumstance, when Pep came in, and now circumstance has changed, he may be a casualty of it.

*The same goes for the pursuit of Haaland, by the way - does he press and work in the way that we’d need a striker to? I’d like to at least roll the dice and try it.

His mind is completely screwed up and has been for some time if we could get 80k off Madrid I'd snap their hands off, or trade for a player we require certainly no increase in package

His mind is completely screwed up and has been for some time if we could get 80k off Madrid I'd snap their hands off, or trade for a player we require certainly no increase in package
Because of his salary, the compromise would have to be the selling price.

Would the club entertain simply recovering his cost to get him off the books.

I suspect he will still be here next season though.

How many goals and assists has grealish inthe last two seasons colin ?

Hope you are well by the way
I'm good thanks Kaz. Hope you are too. I've said it before on here about Grealish that he instinctively understands Pep's style of play. How to play the half spaces and get between the lines. You really can't say that about Sterling these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.