#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this website with player wages across many sports:
According to them mcfc weekly salaries £k are approximately as follows:

KDB 350, Sterling 300, Sergio 230, Ferny & Bernardo 150, Gundo 140, Rodri 121, Mahrez & Laporte 120, Dias 115, Walker 110, Stones 100, Ake 92, Jesus & Mendy 90, Cancelo 80, Ederson 65, Torres & Steffan 46, Sandler 38, Carson 25, Zinc 20, Garcia 14, Foden 12

The highest earners at some other PL clubs:
Liverpool are Salah and Thiago at 200, VVD and Fermino at 180.

At United De Gea is 375, Pogba 290, Martial 250, Cavani 210, Rashford 200.

Chelsea's are Chilwell 190, Werner 170, Pulisic 159, Kepa 150, Azpilicueta 145, Kante 144.

Spur's are Bale 600, Kane & Ndombele 200, Son 140
If these figures are true, the problem City have is the disparity between Sterling's wages and the rest of the team. At the moment, in my opinion, he isn't in the first team and he may not be next season. So how do City justify giving him a new contract, which will surely include a pay rise, when the players who are currently ahead of him in the team earn 180k and 288k less than him? Surely those contracts need to be addressed first?

I think he may still have a big say in the league and cups the rest of this season
Let’s hope he does. Just like Stones coming in and playing well, there’s not many better feelings than seeing someone turn it around, you feel the extreme joy they’d feel in it, almost as much as they do.

If these figures are true, the problem City have is the disparity between Sterling's wages and the rest of the team. At the moment, in my opinion, he isn't in the first team and he may not be next season. So how do City justify giving him a new contract, which will surely include a pay rise, when the players who are currently ahead of him in the team earn 180k and 288k less than him? Surely those contracts need to be addressed first?
Agreed if those figures are correct Sterling @ £300k/wk is on 25 times as much as Foden on £12k/wk with Sterling apparently looking to renegotiate and increase his wage!

It's unfair to Foden and others to have such a huge disparity in wages, when the lesser paid players are clearly outperforming Sterling.

Player swap for kane, i’d take that in a heartbeat, doubt spurs would be interested unfortunately, we’ve players who can play sterlings position, we’ve nobody to get the 30+ goals a season kane would get for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.