#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a huge critic of his on here, but I’m not sure I’ve ever wanted him to score more than when he got the ball there. He’s 10 yards in front of their defence and I’m shouting at the tele “Go on Sterling, go on lad”.

Why is he stopping and taking it inside? I get it when he does it on the other wing because he doesn’t have the confidence on his left foot, but why take it on to his left there? I don’t understand him, I really don’t.

That was his confidence boost opportunity right there.
Needed to be the support player there ready to receive the square ball. It’s getting sad now. Praying that the result is the dominating story (as it should be) and that he doesn’t get any abuse on Twitter tonight. Surely the cretins won’t be after him on there right?

I have been a huge critic of his on here, but I’m not sure I’ve ever wanted him to score more than when he got the ball there. He’s 10 yards in front of their defence and I’m shouting at the tele “Go on Sterling, go on lad”.

Why is he stopping and taking it inside? I get it when he does it on the other wing because he doesn’t have the confidence on his left foot, but why take it on to his left there? I don’t understand him, I really don’t.

That was his confidence boost opportunity right there.
Yup, sums it up. He needs a confidence boost right now. Won’t get a much better chance than that to be honest. Clean through, no pressure cos the game’s dead, cue a dreadful heavy touch leading to hesitation and the inevitable cut inside straight into a defender. Needs to just clear his head of all thoughts and options bar shooting. Just batter the fucking ball. If it sails into the stand so be it, at least he’d be getting a shot away

That little cameo summed up where he is currently and why he's no longer a starter. I will always respect his work rate and that'll never change, but fuck me his attacking instinct and decision making are well off. Well, well off. Sad to see.
Yeah i was just hoping to see him at least have a shot, it was on his his right too. His confidence has completely gone and Pep needs to build him back up.

That little cameo summed up where he is currently and why he's no longer a starter. I will always respect his work rate and that'll never change, but fuck me his attacking instinct and decision making are well off. Well, well off. Sad to see.
I literally would appreciate the actual decision to just shoot so much! Just put your foot through it man, I wouldn’t care if he missed, just shoot ffs!

He shaped his body like he was going to shoot about 10 yards before he should’ve done. He’s always been guilty of overthinking when he has time but he’s getting lost up his own arse nowadays.

Turned the TV off when he broke clear, you just knew he was going to miss and I think even in his own head he thinks he will. I don't really know what we do, we are in the endgame of the season now and can't afford passengers. I guess he plays next week v Villa but depends on how that goes with if we see him any more.

More effective when he doesn't have time , confidence not there at the moment. Given time he will bounce back.

i like sterling but i dint thunk hes ever been as bad as he is now. That absolute cluster fuck of a break at the end shows how poor he is technically and more importantly mentally.

he‘ll start on saturday but shouldnt be anywhere near the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.