#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute shite for last few games but we know he can do it so it’s just a case of getting his confidence back
I definitely would not be wanting to get rid and can see the club extending his contract as nows the best time to agree terms

That was one of the worst performances in a City shirt I have seen for a long time.

Sterling's general play has always been awful and long gone are the days of Silva rolling in Sane to square it to Sterling for a tap in to buffer his stats.

Anything over £50m in the summer you take or pray Utd want him and you might get £80m out of them

Needs taking out of the side like John Stones was.

Get his head together.

He’s done here. He cannot control the ball, runs blindly into defenders and as for his finishing lately, even when clean through on goal with no pressure, he’s comedy.
The worst bit is his laughing and smiling when he fucks up, or his berating of others when HE ducks up the move.
Time to go Raz, your days here were good, you’ve gone backwards and now resemble a fast pub team sprinter with no idea.

That was one of the worst performances in a City shirt I have seen for a long time.

Sterling's general play has always been awful and long gone are the days of Silva rolling in Sane to square it to Sterling for a tap in to buffer his stats.

Anything over £50m in the summer you take or pray Utd want him and you might get £80m out of them
Never sell to the rags!

You want everyone on benefits beaten to within an inch of their lives. To which you repeated 'everyone"

This wasn't tongue in cheek or a pisstake and post you'd take back, you fuckin meant it. Thread pulled but site owner was aware of it!

So when you acuse posters of abhorrent post towards you think back at the constant bile you target at less fortunate folk.

Bullshit

That wasnt what i said at all,you know it and i definitely know it.I am happy for Ric to dig out my comments,no fucking problem.

You are talking out of your arse again because of a personal vendetta,I told you off a few times as admin.......let it go.

Put me on ignore ya big baby.

Now,back on topic :-)
To stop the thread getting derailed even further, I’ve dug out the post in question:

FantasyIreland said:
I repeat....people who find themselves in an unfortunate situation,that requires they need help from others as they aren't able to help themselves,deserve and are welcome to benefits and handouts,that has never been in dispute from my POV.
On the flip......Those that choose to take from the state as a lifestyle choice need beating to within an inch of their selfish lives.
Not exactly what was being alleged, but a pretty strange/fucked up perspective anyway imo.

Now let’s keep the discussion about Raheem Sterling please.

Absolute shite for last few games but we know he can do it so it’s just a case of getting his confidence back
I definitely would not be wanting to get rid and can see the club extending his contract as nows the best time to agree terms

I think the club should be asking itself whether it wants to heavily re-invest in any player whose strengths are negated, and weaknesses accentuated, by the current playing methodology (false 9's, inverted full backs, emphasis on caution and control in tight areas and not turning the ball over), let alone one who is probably asking for £300k plus per week. That's £60m in wages over the next 4 years.
Unless we're going to revert to Plan A and buy both a centre forward and a new version of Spanish Dave, personally I don't see the point in keeping Raheem on the payroll, given what he's likely to be asking - or at least not based on how he's playing currently. He's done well for us, extremely well for us, and the way he is performing at the moment in no way reflects his overall contribution to the club, but his greatest strengths have (purely in my opinion) always been without the ball. Great movement, pace, timing of runs, a team ethic, always fit, always available. He has a great record of goals and assists as well, but the overwhelming majority of those were born of a different system and team mates whose attributes dovetailed beautifully with his.
Now that ball retention, patience, control are at a premium, a spotlight is being shone on some of his shortcomings. The endless, stumbling dribbles that end with him colliding with the nearest member of the opposition and losing possession, the simple overlapping passes that are either played directly under the feet of a team mate - with the opportunity for a quick cross lost - or clouted miles too hard out over the deadball line, the times he trips himself up, the dreadful penalties ballooned miles over the bar, the shots he mis-times out of his heel when crosses are played to him, the one on ones where he hesitates, cuts inside, goes outside, cuts inside again and ends up stumbling into the keeper or a (now) covering defender.
Part of the problem may well be rooted in the confirmation bias of supporters, ie. we're aware of what Raheem's shortcomings are and we're now looking for them, whilst forgetting that other players (even Kev and Kun) frequently fluff similar chances, but that he's been 'out of form' for a long time cannot be simply batted away either.
Lest we should be tempted to believe we're talking about a sub-standard player, we're not. We're talking about one who, as an overall package, is a very good footballer and who, at a particular price, could still be a valuable asset for us. I'm just not convinced that he merits the outlay at the moment, particularly given the way the team is now being asked to play

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.