#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling has been crap this season but I’m not sure why we’d sell? It happens where players have bad years in their careers.

Bernardo had one last season and is now close to his prior form. He’s still not going past players like he was but he’s improved a lot. I see no reason why Raz won’t get better next season either. If he doesn’t improve next year then that’s maybe when you start to wonder whether you need him anymore.

For too many people it feels like they’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time and are getting that their digs in while they can. It’s been forgotten by some but there was a strong denial when Sterling first turned things around, with some of those deniers posting in this very thread.

Bottom line, Sterling is playing crap and doesn’t make our best XI right now but he deserves a chance to turn it around like others have done previously and I back him to do so next season.
You appear to have not taken notice that this summer is the summer. He needs a new deal remember, as only 2 years left. Very hard for us to offer him a new circa 300k per week deal for 5 years and then be stuck with him if he continues to perform in this way.

Anyway, the club will make the decision, I noticed a story already gone out there of Real being interested, no surprises that has started.

The mantra is simple. He won’t be sold. He’ll get a new contract. The rest is just a lot of noise. He was piss poor again yesterday but that’s not going to change the club’s view of him.

For him to be sold he’d have to say he wants to leave. And let’s be honest, that’s not happening. He’s at the best club in the country.

So it’s probably for the best some of you get your pent up anger and frustration out on here before the grounds open again.

Sterling has been crap this season but I’m not sure why we’d sell? It happens where players have bad years in their careers.

Bernardo had one last season and is now close to his prior form. He’s still not going past players like he was but he’s improved a lot. I see no reason why Raz won’t get better next season either. If he doesn’t improve next year then that’s maybe when you start to wonder whether you need him anymore.

For too many people it feels like they’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time and are getting that their digs in while they can. It’s been forgotten by some but there was a strong denial when Sterling first turned things around, with some of those deniers posting in this very thread.

Bottom line, Sterling is playing crap and doesn’t make our best XI right now but he deserves a chance to turn it around like others have done previously and I back him to do so next season.
He's too unpredictable with poor skills.

A reasoned post. For me though, the flaws in his game are inherent, and not as a result of the style we play.
He has poor technical ability, which is now being further exposed.
I agree completely about the flaws being inherent. I was just making the point that our current style of play is accentuating those flaws whilst hindering his strengths

He won't be sold as he is English and that HG qouta as of now is important.
But we will have someone who will earn £300k per week who doesn't deserve half of it.
And we will have Foden on say £60k who will do three four times more than what Sterling will do.

Also will send wrong message across dressing room that Non Performing Asset will continue being second highest earner

Maybe Pep loss of faith in him has hit him hard after this supposed altercation with pep?! apparently he moaned about being on the sub bench a month back..

Why on earth would we sell him. He’s had one average season, but previously he’s been brilliant for us

If some posters had there way half the team would have been sold. Stones and cancelo were average, imagine if we’d have sold them

Maybe Pep loss of faith in him has hit him hard after this supposed altercation with pep?! apparently he moaned about being on the sub bench a month back..

I suspect Sterling is more troubled by the speed at which abuse about him becomes quite so personal. He doesn't have to come on Bluemoon to read it, people will tag him on Twitter or Instagram to tell him what they think and they have done from the time he started being picked for England. I'm guessing that his confidence is currently somewhere around where it was in the summer of 2016 after those Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.