#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best player by far in the tournament and when black supporters like myself get frustrated at the blatant racist undertones to him always being targeted and shunned everyone accuses us of playing the “race” card.

Respect to Ian Wright for always calling them out because no matter what we do credit goes elsewhere.

Sterling has carried this team on his back and Kane gets MOTM.

It is so frustrating you would never understand unless you walked in our shoes for a day.

Regardless of who Uefa give motm to, Italy will be more worried about Sterling than any other player.

He was superb tonight as he has been all tournament. His bravery in constantly trying to make things happen (not to mention how much he’s shown in abundance off the field over his career) is at a level I don’t think I’ve ever seen from any other footballer.

I completely understand how it makes you feel. Please don’t think others can’t empathise with that and the impact that Sterling has had on making some people do exactly that.

He is a credit to our club and our nation. He always has been and that should never have been in any doubt. Now, we can add he’s the main reason we’ve made it to our first ever Euro final too.

Well done Raheem. I can’t think of any player more deserving.

Regardless of who Uefa give motm to, Italy will be more worried about Sterling than any other player.

He was superb tonight as he has been all tournament. His bravery in constantly trying to make things happen (not to mention how much he’s shown in abundance off the field over his career) is at a level I don’t think I’ve ever seen from any other footballer.

I completely understand how it makes you feel. Please don’t think others can’t empathise with that and the impact that Sterling has had on making some people do exactly that.

He is a credit to our club and our nation. He always has been and that should never have been in any doubt. Now, we can add he’s the main reason we’ve made it to our first ever Euro final too.

Well done Raheem. I can’t think of any player more deserving.

Bang on.. you just articulated it far better than I did.

Football aside.Raheem has become a very important person. He’s a world class footballer but he’s also made us ask questions about other nonsense we may otherwise overlook.

He thoroughly deserved his MBE.

Wow thanks guys great to see that others see it and are not like the others. That has cheered me up because sometimes it just gets so depressing feeling like what more can we do?

That is why I am a City fan best community in football bar none.

I am going to have a few beers and watch the highlights.

Your honesty is appreciated.

By people from Denmark and Ireland?
Possibly, but probably from some U.K. residents who have verbally abused him on this very thread this past year as well. Why not ask the many City supporters' clubs and individual supporters in Denmark and Ireland before questioning the sources or read the previous 641 pages here.

The sheer number of driving runs he made this game was insane, I don't think we ever saw him do them that much in a City game.

That's one of his dangerous weapons that I think we need him to do more of at City, and something that I think only Messi in the world is capable of.

The finishing could be better, but that's something I've long accepted with Sterling.

My feelings on Sterling have always been this, he may frustrate you when he makes mistakes, but his ability to make game changing decisions every game (positioning to score, or driving runs) is up there amongst the best in the world.

He will always keep trying them, no matter what. Win that trophy Raz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.