Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris Holmes, 11 Nov 2019.

1. carlosthejackal

carlosthejackal

Just waiting for the media starting a campaign for a season long ban from all football

2. Malekith

Malekith

Gomez was the only Liverpool player there at the time so there wasn't a gang of Liverpool players for starters. What's your actual source here? Some bloke off twitter. People seem to be shit stirring this to epic porportions

3. BoyataIsGod

BoyataIsGod

How in the hell are some people in here coming to the conclusion that City will be negatively impacted by this? I even read one saying Sterling will now move to Spain??????????

How i see it is:
    Joe Gomez is a bit part player with a severe lack of quality who will soon be a forgotten about average centre back in a lower prem or championship team.
    Raheem Sterling is a world class, treble winning, deadly forward who will play in all of the biggest competitions for the forseeable future in the colours of Manchester City and England.

He misses one game which only benefits us and has proven (even though he didn't need to) that he has fire in his belly and a winning mentality which is only going to benefit us and, if theyre smart, the national team in the coming months.

creed likes this.
  4. sir baconface

sir baconface

That’s what gets me too. If it wasn’t serious enough to send him home, why make it public? The lad’s only just become rehabilitated from a protracted dipper/press campaign so the last he needs is more shit from the same direction.

Fortunately, his track record suggests he’ll rise above it.

5. Super David Silva 21

Super David Silva 21

listening to the press conference.

Southgates has made a mess of this,Reporter: Have you sat down with Joe and Raheem and have they spoke? GS: erm erm erm no i'm not with them all the time.

Mate that's the first thing i thought you would have done

ShaunMCFC likes this.
  6. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

Sounds like it was getting leaked anyway and that’s why he had to front it up.

7. stan bowles

stan bowles

Biggest mystery is how Gomez is anywhere near the England squad in the first place.

If Southgate had a code of conduct and mutual respect within the squad and all the players were aware of this then I can see that probably felt he had to enforce his action no matter how important the player is to the squad. If not, seems a heavy handed approach to go public with it and drop Raheem for the next game.

8. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

I wonder why Henderson was the mediator when we he wasn’t even there? Fair play to him for that part anyway. Doesn’t say much for the rest of the “leadership” group. Bunch of spineless bastards.

9. sir baconface

sir baconface

I’m torn on this.

On the one hand, VAR doesn’t see any hands.

On the other, it does City no favours.

I'm Blue likes this.
  10. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

Yep, WTAF is Joe Gomez doing in the squad ?

Southgate is a wanker.

Hope England get twatted.

SilvaisSkyBlue and ballinio like this.