Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The potential with this lad is frightening.

Every time I've watched him he's really impressed me.

Thought the opening goal he scored v us in the away game last season was absolute class. He basically dicked kompany and hart with his quick feet and composure.

Has everything to go on and be genuinely world class. Without doubt.

Has age on his side as well.

Him and Barkley would be my main focus for next summer if I was running the show.

chris85mcfc said:
Bluewonder said:
chris85mcfc said:
He's one of them really fast English footballers that looks good because he's fast

But in reality he isn't very good

But he's really fast

*See Walcott, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Townsend, Aaron Lennon, Wayne Routledge
Disagree. He's much better than that. He is technically proficient: he can shoot, pass, dribble and cross. He's tactically decent too, as evidenced by his ability to play in several positions and pick the right option more often than not.

We will see in a few years, I remember the same hype being made about Aaron Lennon and Walcott when they were that age, both mid 20's now and haven't really got much to show for their potential.

Perhaps he will prove me wrong and go on to have a good season

I haven't seem him play in many positions tho, often at the top of a diamond where he is at his best, don't think he is as effective out on the wing
Walcott has done okay and certainly had great moments, but injuries have held him back. How can you even compare Sterling to the likes of Routledge (who I love). Routledge was a good championship player, who people thought could make the step up to the Premiership and he has. Sterling already has been one of the Liverpool's best players in the year they challenged for the title. I don't think he is as talented as some people here make out, but he is an excellent player, who perhaps can be world class one day. Lennon, Townsend and Routledge don't even have anything close to his potential.

FantasyIreland said:
fredmont said:
FantasyIreland said:
No pal,not even close.

Sterling is a player that could regularly start for us,that does not make him average.

Average

What is?

Sterling's footballing talent.
Hodgson fell for the hype and Sterling became our great World Cup hope. The rest is history.

fredmont said:
Hodgson fell for the hype and Sterling became our great World Cup hope. The rest is history.

Can you name me a better 19yr old attacking player?

He looks a great player but you only judge a player as world class after 3 years of playing great football

Unbelievable, probably the best player in the England team and people on here think he's average or wait two or three years and then see how he's doing.

Same as some on here said about Bale 4 or 5 years ago. Better still wait until the guys retired and then say maybe we should have signed him back in the day.

Yes, it's early days in Sterling's career but at his age he is carrying the attacking threat of the entire England squad. The lad can undoubtedly improve and who knows if he can keep his present form going, but no one can see into the future or what injuries he may or may not suffer.

Barkley also has skill and strength but he doesn't play as regularly as Sterling has done for the past two seasons, and he isn't a like for like replacement for Toure for me, but is a decent attacking midfielder who is English. Either player could add something to the current squad, and I think both would get game time with us, however Sterling would get more game time even if Barkley was fit at present.

FantasyIreland said:
fredmont said:

Can you name me a better 19yr old attacking player?

Very much this, he's a good/very good player now and his potential is huge.

Those suggesting he is simply the average pacey 19 year old player are just plain wrong. Being 'our great World Cup hope' at 19 and not delivering doesn't make him shit (and by proxy Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra if this is the only grade of ability), it makes your standards of measuring ability shit.

He is a very good player, not world class but in the right hands he could become something very special, he's got all the time in the world to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.