Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van gaal has told timber he needs to be playing if he wants to go the the World Cup. Wide players I don’t think they’ll get one.

That’s the one areas we really should as Mahrez is 31 I think? Losing sterling and Jesus should bring in one player if we are losing two? No guarantee Alvarez settles straight away either and isn’t a wide player?

That’s the one areas we really should as Mahrez is 31 I think? Losing sterling and Jesus should bring in one player if we are losing two? No guarantee Alvarez settles straight away either and isn’t a wide player?
He is t no, but I think they’ll wait till next season.

Foden, grealish, Mahrez, palmer, silva can all play wide.

Moreover, Sterling has earned the right to fulfil his contract and move on on a free. He signed for a fee which proved to be a bargain and has contributed more than most players during Pep's era. I believe he has played the most minutes since Pep arrived at the club which tells its own story. Way too much snide has surrounded Sterling throughout his City career. Very odd behaviour and does make you wonder ...
Mate you’ve been wrong on this one from the off. You were wrong that he wouldn’t want to move (“..for ten extra games”), and now you’re wrong on City not selling him this summer and him walking on a free.

That’s not happening but please please lay off with the insinuation of fucking racism. There’s plenty of players that get mixed reactions on here but you never moan about people having a go at Grealish or Bravo or Garcia or Ederson or Zinchenko. Seems to be an issue that you have, which makes me wonder…

Last edited:
2 players gone with a combined fee of 100 million when in 10 months we’d get zero
Over 400 thousand a week saved, now in the bank to utilise for other signings
In the cold light of day, seems like good business
New contract had been sat on the table a long time, can’t say we didn’t try to keep him
Good luck to Gabby and Raz.
Absolutely this. No one can argue it isn’t great business by the club.

I get all that - but the post was about why losing these two feels a bit different to how key players normally leave us.

Logically it’s the right time for both to move - absolutely.

But we’re not talking logic here.

Because both are still young(ish) and in their prime. And they are going to PL rivals, which I can’t remember City doing under Sheikh Mansour’s ownership. Normally we buy (young) players from other PL clubs.

Our fans are melting down on twitter. I also don't like the fact that we're going to lose both Jesus and Sterling in the same transfer window, but I think they're being just a tad bit overdramatic.

Our fans are melting down on twitter. I also don't like the fact that we're going to lose both Jesus and Sterling in the same transfer window, but I think they're being just a tad bit overdramatic.
There’s your issue right there.

9/10 FT fans are teenagers who could find Manchester on a map of Greater Manchester.

I don’t understand the polarised views on sterling. He was a fantastic player for us but over the last 18 months he has not delivered. Contract left unsigned and now posters are saying we don’t like the guy for other reasons apart from his mediocre performances. Sterling made up his mind to go and as fans we should respect that decision. He is not irreplaceable. Time to thank him and look forward to a new player arriving.

I will remember sterling carrying the team at times but also as a very frustrating player. His heart was not in it and that manifested onto the field. Good pro and that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.